༻𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

The night went on.

So far, Jieun and Jungkook have avoided each other as much as possible. They made the speech in front of the guests according to the protocol, but they didn't exchange a single word since then. This wasn't a problem for her and obviously didn't seem to be for him either.

The last family was called, thanked them for the invitation, wished the new couple happiness, and received compliments from the Jeons. They were dismissed and Jieun took a deep, tired breath.

"I'm surprised," Jungkook said as he took his glass up, which amazingly was full of water and not alcohol. "You knew all of the names."

"I had to study," Jieun answered. "Apparently, I can't be a bride who doesn't know the guests themselves."

"Study," he repeated. "Did it give you any knowledge?"

"Enough to know Major Gwon is feeling disappointed you didn't marry one of his daughters. That the Changs are trying their best to avoid auction invitations, probably because of financial problems, I'd say. That Colonel Park is not really a fan of the general, unlike his precious daughter. And that Mr. Hyun had been cheating on his wife for years with —"

"Seo Yeobin." Both said simultaneously and chuckled weakly at the situation that everyone knew except the poor woman.

They exchanged quick puzzled looks, showing that it had been too much for them. They went back to their normal seriousness and returned to the state of silence.

Jungkook pulled his sleeve to look over his watch; the orchestra had double the volume of the music that had just started and the looks quickly turned to them.

In a very worried expression, Jisu stopped beside her old sister to whisper, "It's time."

Jieun took a deep nervous breath in response.

"Are you sure you can do this?" the girl asked. "I told Mrs. Jeon you don't have any practice with dancing, but she wouldn't listen to me."

Jieun smiled, leaning closer to whisper back, "It's better if I don't. Maybe it will give me good excuses to step on his feet a few times on purpose," she said, making Jisu giggle.

Jungkook held Jieun's hand, interrupting their talk. "Let's go."

She didn't know it would be so scary to have the attention back on her again. The middle of the courtyard had been surrounded with great arrangements. Part of the space was occupied by the orchestra and the other was just the empty polished platform over the thick grass.

Soon as they reached the center, Jungkook pulled her, placing her in front of him as the music died. Not even a whisper echoed.

Jieun's eyes instantly locked on his dark ones, almost losing her breath to see how powerful they looked so closely. Still holding hands, Jungkook lifted one of her to rest it over his shoulder, capturing and raising the other in a way to make it upright in a firm, smooth gesture. The instant Jieun stilled on him, her waist was pulled closer, gluing her body with his.