༻𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Within just an hour inside the social, ecologic event on the first floor and Jieun already wanted to go home. If she wasn't one of the main guests and if the cameras weren't pointing at her every minute, she might as well just leave. The first symptoms were gradually unfolding and in the most inappropriate places and times. Excusing herself to the bathroom, plus the fact she had been refusing alcoholic drinks, became an issue in these events. She wondered if it'd be long before the question popped out from someone who had been paying attention to her every move.

Unconsciously, Jieun diverted her attention from the environmental minister as she now stared through the glass door displaying the Palace garden. Perhaps breathing fresh air for a while would help her to stay in character for another hour. Very sneaky, she walked slowly towards the door, slid it open, and went out. The beautiful view of the landscape welcomed her, followed by the instantly chill breeze. Jieun inhaled deeply, hugging herself as her feet led her to the middle of the large white marble staircase. Not thinking twice, she fixed the black dress and sat down on it, caring less if this wasn't the proper conduct.

Jieun sighed for imaging the judging look Haeji would give if she ever found her there. These weren't a lady's manners, undoubtedly. But sometimes, she wished she could do more of the improper things.

Just for a little bit.

Her eyes strayed from the big fountain at the center to glance over her shoulder once she heard the steps. In a dark-grey suit and navy necktie, Taehyung strolled down the stairs casually, keeping his gaze ahead as if he hadn't noticed her presence at all. Half-smiling, Jieun refocused on the fountain again, aware he'd end up sitting next to her.

"Mrs. Jeon has been escaping her duties more than usual lately," Taehyung commented. "Do you happen to know what's wrong with her? I'm a bit worried."

Jieun let out a snicker from her nose, playing with the fabric of her skirt. "She's taking a break."

"Well, she's also awfully quiet today."

"I'm always quiet."

"Yeah, but normally in these events, you're sort of vague-nothing-to-say quiet. Now, you're don't-talk-to-me quiet."

"Yet, you still came."

Taehyung smiled, finally taking a seat beside her on the stairs, letting his arms rest over his knees. "I can't help it if I'm such a good friend."

"You were bored in there," Jieun corrected.

"It hurts me deeply how you're incapable of recognizing a simple act of concern."

"The only thing I can recognize is your curiosity," she rested her chin on her hand. "Hence the other reason you came after me."

He grinned in spite of the cynicism, barely able to keep the chuckle from his voice. "Now you're just being rude," his shoulder pushed hers gently. "Come on. What's going on with you?"