༻𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Gi Jong, seeing Jieun advancing to prevent him from leaving, aimed the gun straight into her chest. There would be no mistake this time. He was going to show how a single bullet could be deadly.

Jimin had been trying to stop her actions the entire time as she struggled to move forward. When his eyes narrowed at the Supreme Leader, his reaction, however, was immediate. He held both of her arms and turned.

The shot was fired.

It was amazing the things that ran through someone's head when they were dying. Everyone believed that life flashed before their eyes. That they started to recall the bad moments, the wrong choices, regrets, sins.

It wasn't that.

No, it was the important times. The good times.

And for Jimin, the first flash was of her, for some unknown reason. She was offering him a beer, smiling. Inviting him to join the party. Asking why he was alone. Taking his hand and dragging him to the center. He remembered dancing, enjoying with people he once called friends. Late-night talks on the roof, kisses, laughter, happiness, her smile. Kawa. Jieun.

Time appeared to slow down as Jimin witnessed these flashes. He had the chance to see each memory and think about it. Why was he recalling such mediocre things? It wasn't his real life. It wasn't his real self. As a young spy of twenty-six, he never truly had any real identity, so why did it felt like the moments he lived with them were the most honest and genuine ones?

It wasn't all lies, then.

Jimin, so lost in the memories, finally began to perceive the woman hovering over him mouthing words in despair, saw her looking around as if calling for help, felt the soft hands holding his face, shaking his body to receive a reaction from him.

Why bother? Jimin thought to himself. He saw no more choices, no chances, no more memories thereafter.

The vision was gone. He died, and his life stopped flashing before his eyes.

︱ 𝐖︱

Jieun stopped her cries when she heard the last words Jimin uttered for her. She blinked twice, quickly checking his pulse again. The lack of response to his beating now made her freeze, sit back, and silently stare. Her eyes twitched as the realization began to hit her.

"I found her, sir!"

Even the strong voice with sounds of the hurried steps didn't snap Jieun back to reality, and only when her arm was pulled that she was eventually forced to look away from Jimin's body.