༻𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐲༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

While leaning on the railing of his bedroom balcony that faced the huge garden, Jungkook studied the ice in the whiskey glass in his hands. During his long sip, he thought of the times where he made Jieun scream during sex. All the times he made her lose control of herself. The way she shivered under his touch.

Yes, he knew how to make her feel good.

Jungkook scoffed a weak laugh, staring at the horizon. Sex. There was nothing more superficial than that. It was stupid to believe Jieun could be this shallow. She wasn't the type of woman who would be content to have a dozen men following her. She was the type who simply didn't care.

There was no reason to be angry, nor bothered by it, that much was certain. But whenever he remembered that he hadn't touched a woman for months — by choice, the thought of her kissing someone else consumed him.

Jieun was there, every day, and he found himself increasingly swallowed up by her. She had become part of his routine, part of his thoughts, part of some of his expectations, part of his future and he felt less and less tempted to drag another woman to an empty corner other than his wife.

In the past month, the idea of having an affair sounded almost like a crime. The image haunted and disturbed him so much that the number of women started to decrease, decrease, and decrease until, without realizing it, Jieun seemed to be the only woman in his life.

"Jungkook," her voice came right behind him; full of concern, but sweet and smooth. Jungkook had the feeling that the softness that her tone carried melted something inside him. "What are you doing out here in the cold? It's five in the morning," she asked, hugging her body.

Jungkook looked down at his glass. Even with the arrogance and the way he treated her, his wife still sounded worried. His wedding ring tapped the glass and the words came out of his mouth before he had time to think twice about it.

"Did I offend you earlier?"

Jieun seemed confused over her wary stance. Then, her features began to soften a fraction, and hesitantly, she approached the balcony, standing beside him. "A little bit."

Jungkook tapped the glass again. "I shouldn't have said it, then."

It was close to an apology, Jieun concluded as she smiled, but it faded shortly. "Jungkook, I don't want you to think that... that I did what I did to get back at you."

"I know," he said quietly, staring blankly ahead. This wasn't exactly the topic he wanted to discuss so early in the morning. "Taehyung is my childhood friend... He has his charms that apparently works with every woman... and we both never created any rules because his fetish always involved the ones he couldn't have. I already expected this from him... I was just surprised to learn you have fallen for someone else's sweet talk again, considering everything you went through with Park."