༻𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭༺

─━════⊰⊱ ◈ ⊰⊱════━─

─━════⊰⊱ ⊰⊱════━─

Roseanne Park had arrived home tired and enraged. Working as a party planner for a wealthy society was extremely exhausting, especially on a day where the comments from every mouth were all one: Lee Jieun.

Rosé threw the bag aside soon as she stepped inside the living room. A magazine jumped out of the couch and fell on the floor, right in front of her feet. She read, for the thousandth time that day, the highlighted letters on the cover and bent down and picked it up. The hatred inside her was so intense that instead of making her screen, burn it, or breaking one of her mother's expensive crystal decorations, she just kept herself together in a deep state of disgust and coldness.

"The woman you would like to be"

"Five facts you didn't know about the new Mrs. Jeon"

"Discover the secret of her beauty"

"Exclusive interview with Jeon Jieun"

The blonde opened the magazine, and there it was; the figure of the rebel in a red dress as a powerful queen behind in an exuberant grey and black setting. Her hand rested discretely on one of her arms as the family ring screamed on her finger. The serious expression and the proper posture showed that Lee Jieun was indeed becoming a Jeon.

Hatred made Rosé sit quietly on the couch. Her fingers flipped through the pages, reading everything: every little preposition, every tiny article, every damn word. The interview was ridiculous and revolved around her work at the Office Palace and living with General Jeon, which she left under mystery, saying he was a quiet and reserved person.

What was so special about that rebel? Didn't anyone notice the hypocrisy surrounding their adoration for her suddenly immaculate influential figure? And those images? Where all the interest in her beauty came from?

"Wow," muttered a voice behind her shoulder.

Rosé let out a yelp, leaping on her seat and shutting the magazine. She turned, and her gaze turned to a furious glare when her little brother in his tennis apparel came into view.

"The general's wife, huh," Hyunjin smirked, taking the magazine from her hands to browse. "I knew I was smelling something weird from outside... It was your brain burning with envy."

Rosé huffed, clasping the magazine back. "Go mind your own business, failed abortion."

"I can see that you are running out on offenses..."

Her eyes rolled as her brother crossed the living room, laughing. "Don't you have something better to do? You just open your mouth to piss someone off.