Chapter Twenty Four

We walked for a while. Slowly down the street holding hands and swinging our arms.

"I'll be going home soon Keeley." Harvey announced.

"I know , you'll always find your way back home" I quoted.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm quoting the Hannah Montana movie. You can change your hair and you can change your clothes. You can change your mind that's just the way it goes. You can laugh and cry but everybody knows you'll always find your way back home." I said slowly.

"So little miss inspirational , what does that mean exactly?" Harvey asked.

"It means , you're out there living your dream. With style , all the best things , all the best clothes. Every now and then you'll just go back to normal and love all of the simple stuff. In other words you may be really big and have all you've wanted but you'll always find your way back home to were you grew and were you laughed and lived. You'll just always find your way back home.

"That sounds cute and you're not even musical?" Harvey joked. Soon it fell dark and we reached a huge field. People were stood in the centre of the field listening to somebody. We joined onto the crowd of people.

"Welcome to star gazing. We'll give you a tour of the universe above our heads" said a woman. I felt Harvey squeeze my hand and I went closer to him and he put his arm around me.

Two hours later we were done taking a tour of the universe above our heads. We walked back to my house and instead of going inside we sat on the patio swing for a bit.

"I had an amazing time tonight" said Harvey.

"Me too , thank you so much for taking me out." I said back.

"No problem. I really like you , you know? Not like Charlie. Since the day you came skateboarding into my heart I've been so much happier" he said cutely.

"And I'm so glad that I did." I said. Across the road I saw two people walking along the pavement. They were together but apart. One of the people turned and looked at my house. GREAT it was him.

Charlie's POV

I was on my way home from a movie with Sophie. I felt so guilty because no matter how hard I tried with Sophie I'd just keep thinking about Keeley. I found myself every night looking through her twitter , instagram and facebook. I saw a really shocking thing the day before that broke my heart. She was sitting , singing blank space and Harvey joined in. I knew that he'd go to her. Leo had told me all about how they were going on a date and how he was going to show up and help Harvey out. All I got from Leo was sworn at. Maybe this was all for the best. Me and Sophie were walking back from seeing a movie and we had to walk past Keeley's house. I didn't expect to see her but as I walked past I saw her sitting on the patio swing with Harvey's arm around her. I don't know why but I stopped and stared for a while. She was looking back at me.

"Charlie , let's keep walking , my parents will go mental if I'm late home" Sophie said and then we continued walking. We got all the way to her house and then we sat down on the kirb outside her house.

"Charlie can I ask you a question?" Sophie asked. I nodded looking at the floor.

"You don't like me do you?" I shook my head.

"I'm really sorry Sophie but I just can't , I really wanted to like you so that I could move on but it didn't work" I said , a tear slipping down my face.

"It's ok Charlie. So I'm guessing that this is the end of us" she said quietly and I nodded.

"Sorry" I said and then she walked into her house and I was left outisde alone. I got up and started walking slowly to my house. Leo was already in and was still awake in the living room but both of our parents had gone to bed. I sat next to him on the couch and sighed.

"I've lost another girl" I said and Leo paused the TV.

"What happened?" he asked sounding concerned.

"I can't do it. I can't lie anymore. Keeley needs to know that I love her and I never stopped and that it was Amanda's fault that I had to do this. I know she's happy with Harvey but she has to know" I let it all out.

"Do you think that this is worth another facetime to love doctor Joey?" Leo joked.

"Yes please" I said quietly. Leo opened facetime on his iPad and rang Joey. He didn't pick up the first time but he did the second.

"Leo what's up?" he asked. He was with Megan again.

"It's Charlie , again" he said and Joey sat up more.

"Is he ok?" asked Megan.

"I'm holding out. So me and Sophie broke up because I couldn't handle it. I really want to tell Keeley but I don't want to hurt Harvey. What should I do?" I asked.

"I'm totally lost at this point" admitted Joey holding up his hands and sitting back.

"Tell her everything. There's no guarentee that she'll want to get back with you but at least she'll know and that will make you happier." Megan pointed out. I'd do it. I would go the next morning and tell Keeley everything.