Chapter Three

The rest of the weekend seemed to drag on which was actually a good thing. I woke at 06:00 on the Monday morning. I didn't have to go to the studio that whole week so I was back at school. I thought that school would be a cool change of scenary but I was mistaken.

I woke up and went upstairs to have a shower (my bedroom is in the basement and I like it that way because its bigger). It took me until 06:30 and then I dried my hair. I did some light makeup and put my hair into a side fishtail. I then got dressed and did all of the picky things like putting my shoes on. I grabbed my bag from my room and walked upstairs into the livingroom where my brother Owen was sat. Owen is 18 years old and he drives me to school but he doesn't live with us , he just shows up every morning to drive me. We then left soon after that and pulled up at the school greeted by Connie 15 minutes later.

I got out of the car and realised that some of the year 7 students were looking at me. It was the first time that I'd been back to school during shooting the movie. I walked into school with Connie by my side. We then met our other friend Faye in the school canteen.

"Hi Faye , jinx" me and Connie said in sync. Faye was sitting down at a table so she moved her bag so that we could sit down. We sat next to her and helped her with her homework like we usually do because she's one of those people who do it last minute. We started with math and then science. This was as interesting as our mornings get.

The rest of the day went pretty slowly and it was very boring. I was so glad when I got a phone call saying that me and Connie had to go and do some movie promo. We left happily and made our way into town. When we got to the place we needed to be Connie noticed something happening in an alley. She couldn't help herself. She ran down the alley and tried to seperate what was a 16 - 18 year old boy abusing a 10 - 12 year old boy.

"What are you doing?!" screeched Connie "Get away from him!"

The boys got closer to her.

"Or what? What are you going to do about it?" they sniggered. I noticed that one of the boys had a blade.

"Connie get back here! They have weapons!" I shouted trying to look after her.

"How could you do that to somebody?!" she skreeched in tears now. When Connie believed in something she wouldn't quit until she saw action and right now there was action but not the kind of action we wanted. In the distance we heared a police siren and the boys went crazy.

"Move girl" one said to Connie "I said move!"

Connie didn't budge and the boys were getting frustrated. They made a run for it and Connie tried blocking their path but then the boys got away and I noticed that Connie was on the floor crying in pain. I ran over to her as fast as I could trying to help both her and the boy who was also in pain.

"Keeley" said Connie weakly "Go to him , he needs more help"

I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"But Connie , you're my best friend ..." I started

"And that's why you have to help him. I was hit in the chest , I know I can't be saved but this boy has a chance" said Connie in tears "You're my best friend in the whole world , I will love you forever"

"I love you too , forever , I miss you , I don't know what I'd do without you"

Connie closed her eyes slowly.

"Connie , are you gone?" I asked slowly.

"No but I can't hold on much longer , always remember , fight for what's right. I'm always thinking of you , I love you" she said and then she closed her eyes.

"I love you too" I said tears falling from my eyes. I knew that Connie had gone. She felt so cold and I felt so empty. My best friend had been taken just like that.