Chapter Eleven

We left town soon after the phone call but I went to buy Steven a neck pillow first.

When I got home I ran downstairs and began looking for all of my clothes. I needed them to last a month. I couldn't actually believe that I'd be gone for a month in Alaska without my Dad. I know I'm 16 but usually my Dad comes with me when I'm working in another country but on my last movie I had to go to Canada and Amanda ended up trashing the house so he stays with her now. Steven always has somebody checking on me anyway. Constantly. I did have that one friend in mind with me who I could take to Alaska but I wasn't sure. I decided that I would ask after I'd finished packing everything I needed. As I got closer to finishing packing I got more nervous. My heart was racing and I started shaking. I did it. I picked up the phone and dialled his number. This wasn't something that I could text.

I heared it ringing and I sat down on my bed trying to calm myself. He picked up. I didn't even know how to start the conversation though. It was a strange one. Here's how it went:

C - Hi , how was your day?

K - Um , my day was good thank you. Ermm , could I ask you something?

C - Oh no you sound serious , what have I done?

K - What? Is there something I should know about?

C - Not at all , what is it?

K - What's what?

C - What do you want to ask? Are you ok? You sound nervous

K - I'm fine , ermm , so I'm going to Alaska tomorrow to do some filming

C - That sounds fun

K - It probobly will be , I've always wanted to go to Alaska so I'm very thankful for this , Steven told me that I could bring a friend though.

C - Who's Steven?

K - Oh , he's my manager

C - So who are you taking?

K - Who am I taking where?

Charlie laughed. I must have sounded so stupid.

C - Who are you taking to Alaska?

K - Actually that's um why I was ringing you. I know this is sad for me to say but I really have no other friends. I have Faye but she was more Connie's friend than mine ...

C - God , you talk so much when you're nervous

K - What? Oh sorry

C - Don't worry , it's actually quite cute

K - Thanks

I chuckled.

C - Anyway carry on with your speech

K - I have nobody and you've been really amazing to me recently when I've had nobody so I'm asking you this question and I won't be offended if you turn down my offer ...

C - Keeley , my phone is about to run out but I'm about 5 minutes away from your house , do you want to carry on this conversation in person?

K - Yeah , I'll probobly be on the doorstep or something because I was just heading out

Then I put the phone down and went upstairs holding my script. It was a fairly warm night but I grabbed a blanket anyway and went outside. I walked over to our porch swing , sat down and started swaying forwards and backwards. I was going over ny lines until Charlie finally arrived. I looked up as he walked up the path and I smiled.

"Hi" I said moving the hair out of my face. Charlie smiled. It was cute. He came and sat down next to me.

"Want some blanket?" I asked struggling out of it.

"Alright" he said and I picked up the blanket and threw it over us.

"What are you up to?" he asked.

"I've just been going over some lines ready for Alaska" I explained. This is something I loved about Charlie , he always seemed to take an interest no matter what it was. Hold on did I just say that's something I love about Charlie? What the heck. He always seemed to listen.

"It's a great night tonight" he said and then he stood up taking the blanket off me "Come on , we're looking at the stars tonight"

I followed him obediently into the middle of the grass where he layed down the blanket. I smiled and then we both layed down next to eachother on the blanket looking at the stars.

"Isn't this the most beautiful view ever?" I said looking up at the sky.

"I have a perfect view too" Charlie said , I turned my head and saw that he was looking at me. I blushed and quickly looked back up.

"What did you want to ask me before?" he asked looking up too now.

"I was basically going to ask you if you'd like to come to Alaska with me?" I asked nervously. I turned and faced him and he did the same. He smiled at me and nodded his head.

"If my Mum let's me go then I'd love to , thanks for asking me" he said to me happily.

"We're actually leaving from here tomorrow morning so that may be difficult" I said hoping that it wouldn't be an obstical.

"Then that's a great excuse for a Charlie and Keeley sleepover. I'll go home and persuade my mum , get ready and be back here within two hours" he said happily standing up and holding out his hand. I took his hand and stood up.

"So before the clock strikes midnight?" I laughed looking at the watch on Charlie's wrist that said 22:00 on it.

"I'll be here Cinderella" he said kissing my hand that was still holding his. I blushed and then he started walking back to his house and leaving me stood in the garden by myself.