Chapter 21

P.o.v Shikamaru

'What did he just say-'

'You're joking, right?'

'Why me-?'

'Neji did you rig the papers-'

A million thoughts raced through my mind. I'd been so lost in thought that a solid minute passed without me reacting to anything or anyone.

I hand connects with my wrist. I look up to see a rather pink Naruto, his head facing towards the hallway, desperately trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

"Let's go," he mutters quietly. I swallow the lump that has been forming in my throat.

I can feel every micro-movement my body makes as it forces me to take the fifteen never-ending steps to the closet.

Internally, I practically scream at myself to stop moving, begging me to realize that something is going to happen in that closet. But, nothing reaches me. I'm A mindless robot, someone else's creation, who's been programmed only to follow basic instructions.

My head feels as of it's going to explode. So many things to think about, so little I'm able to comprehend.

I don't even try to understand what my current emotions are.

It feels like we've been walking for days when we finally reach the closet. Already standing there, Neji opens the door for us.

"You two know the drill, correct?"

I stare blankly, somewhat confused. It's like I've never played this game before.

"I'll fetch you in seven minutes exactly. You aren't allowed to leave the closet until the time is up," He reminds us.

Naruto's hand still lightly grips mine as the door shuts behind us, only a dim light hanging from the ceiling allowing us to see each other clearly. He looks more nervous than I do.

Only one thought can manage to formulate in my mind;

'What a drag..'

End of Chapter

I hope my chapter actually gets posted this time :')