fourteen: malia

Marlow rushed after Riley as her best friend exited the elevator. Riley stopped and threw up her hand before Marlow could follow her. "I need to talk to my uncle alone."

Marlow sighed but let Riley walk away. She turned back to her dad. He was explaining the current crisis to Stiles, Scott, and Kira. Twenty-three bodies had been found in the tunnels below Beacon Hills. Twenty-three innocent people had fallen victim to the newest bloodthirsty Beast in town. She walked up to the small group.

"Who found them?" Scott asked as they watched stretcher after stretcher being wheeled away.

"Argent," Noah replied. "And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory," Scott told him.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory," Stiles added.

Marlow scoffed. "Understatement of the year," she said. Stiles gave her a look. She quieted down.

"Well, the ME said that victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels," Noah explained.

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies," Scott said.

Marlow narrowed her eyes at him. "Why would they do that?" Kira asked.

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would." Stiles suggested. Marlow felt weird, thinking about the Dread Doctors trying to protect anything. Especially a Beast.

"Protecting what?" Noah asked intently.

"A werewolf," Scott replied.

"It's called the Beast," Kira added.

"We know. Horrifying." Stiles told his dad upon seeing the look on his face.

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish. Because it looks like his dream is coming true." Noah told the kids.

"Speaking of Parrish," Marlow said as she looked past her dad. Riley and Parrish argued a little further down the hallway.

Marlow tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, listening in on the conversation. "You signed me up for school, uncle Jordan. That is the worst crime you could have committed against me."

Parrish sighed. "Again, I didn't do it. Sheriff Stilinski signed you up. But thank God he did before I even had to worry about that too." he explained. "You can't just lounge around in the apartment all day, waiting for your friends to need you."

Riley groaned in annoyance. Marlow turned to her dad. "You signed Riley up for school?"

Noah sighed, turning around to look at the arguing duo. He turned back to Marlow. "Yes. Not only is Riley required to go, but you're also gonna need her help in the future and she can't keep walking in and out of the school without attending."

"I just don't understand why I have to go now," Riley told Parrish.

Parrish narrowed his eyes at her. "What are you whining about? It's just school."

"Sophomore year ends in like a few months. I'll be the odd one out immediately."

"I think your classmates are going to be worrying about other things than a new classmate."