sixteen: lydia

"Put her on the table. Careful!"

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"I don't know."

"Please, tell me she's going to be okay!"

Marlow whimpered, her eyes opening slowly. There was a bright light shining onto her face. Deaton was leaning over her, putting a gauze pat onto her stomach. She slightly turned her face to see the other person in the room. Mason stood next to her, a worried glance on his face.

"Hey there, Marlow." Deaton greeted softly. "Don't worry. I'll fix you."

She groaned out as another bolt of pain shot through her. "Marlow!" Mason yelled out, grabbing her hand.

"She will be fine, Mason. You need to get to Eichen House right away."

"I can't-"

Marlow squeezed his hand. "Go. Help them save Lydia." she croaked out.

He sighed but nodded. "Call me when she's doing better," he told Deaton. Then his hand slipped out of hers and he was gone.

Marlow breathed out as Deaton got to work on her wound. She was supposed to help her friends save Lydia. They needed all the manpower they could get. Her thoughts were racing, making up tons of ways everything could go south. She wanted to just get up and help them. Just make a run for it. But before she knew it, the gentle sounds of Deaton using his equipment on her wounds faded away as she passed out.

----------

Riley faded into the Closed Unit of Eichen House. She watched as her uncle picked Corey up by his neck, engulfing him in flames. He tossed the boy away from him and he flew right at her. "Riley!" Stiles yelled.

The young girl jumped out of the way before Corey could take her down. Instead, he crashed into Stiles and the two boys fell to the floor. A stranger held a girl in his arms. She looked catatonic. Riley could only assume that it was Lydia.

She turned around, watching as Theo got up off the floor and picked up a steel rod. "No!" she yelled out as he threw it at her uncle. It pierced him through the chest and he fell to his knees. Riley roared out loud. Raising her hands, she watched as Theo flew away against the metal gate, hitting the floor with a thud.

Lydia and the man were gone. Riley could hear Stiles yelling for her. She dashed over to her uncle. He stared at her vacantly. She pulled the rod out of his chest and tossed it aside. It hit the floor with a clank. "Jordan, please. Get up," she said. "Uncle Jordan!" she yelled, trying to snap him out of his daze.

He gasped, shaking his head. "Riley? Where did you come from?"

"I left Malia and Kira in the electrical room. Now come one, you need to get out of here." She put his arm over her shoulder, helping him up off the floor.

Parrish held onto her but his grip went loose as he looked at the hallway. Stiles and Theo were gone. Corey, Tracy, and Josh lay unconscious on the floor. Corey was burnt badly. "Help them. I'll find my way out of here."

Riley watched as her uncle fled the unit. She turned around with a sigh. Marlow had warned her to steer clear of Tracy, so she left the girl alone. Instead, she walked over to Josh and kneeled next to him. Riley had no time to be gentle. The plan was already failing, so she raised her hand and slapped Josh across the face. "Wake up, sleeping beauty!"