Chapter 7 - [Yuletide]

Great Britain, December 1943

"Can I yell across the platform and tell her she's an idiot?"

Maélys stepped off the train and looked to her friend.

"I'd love to tell you yes, Louisa, but no. She's your sister."

Lousia huffed. 

"I don't care. She's acting like an idiot."

"It's her decision. You cannot tell her what do to and what not to."

Louisa threw her and in the air and nearly hit a Hufflepuff girl that tried to get off the Hogwarts Express.

"But Avery? Does she have to marry Avery? She knows how much I hate that evil, smily toad!"

"Come on, let's find your sister."

Maélys took her friend by her hand and fought her way through the crowd at platform 9 3/4. When they finally left King's Cross they were immediately greeted by a young woman.

"Oh, Lou, I missed you so much! The house was so empty without you!"

Amelia Travers looked excactly like her younger sister. When she let go of Louisa she turned to Maélys.

"You must be Maélys. My little Lou told me everything about you in her letters. We're happy to welcome you into our home for the holidays."

"Thank you very much for your and your familiy's kindness."

Maélys shook Amelia's hand and followed her to a car.

"I know, it's a muggle car, but I heard that it's the latest fashion now to own such a thing. Everard bought it for me as an engagement present. He's such a sweetheart."

Louisa's sister helped them put their suitcases into the trunk while talking about her friends' jealousy when they saw her new car.

"Oh, Lou, you should've seen Walburga Black's face. She's never been angrier with Orion because he bought her an old model..."

Maélys and Louisa rolled their eyes as the young woman kept talking. Although the blonde girl had told her friend to be nice to her older sister and congratulate her on her engagement, Louisa soon began to complain about Amelia's fiance. Maélys knew that she shouldn't involve herself in this family conversation and rather looked out the windows as they drove out of London. 

The bland and grey looking building soon turned into a beautyful countryside and nice family homes. 

The two Hogwarts students did not expect that they would drive in a car to the Travers family estate and soon fell quieter as the hours went by. Louisa had not anticipated how much her older sister loved driving in her new car when she said she would pick the girls up from King's Cross.

It was nearly midnight when they finally arrived. 

Exhausted, the two girls fell asleep as soon as their heads touched their pillows.

***

The next day, Maélys was woken up by a very energetic Louisa. 

"Come on, wake up!" the girl called as she ripped the curtains open.

"Good morning, sunshine! Get up, Tipsy made breakfast!"

With that Louisa stormed out the room and left Maélys to find her way to the breakfast salon on her own. 

Louisa was already eating when Maélys entered the room.

"Sit down. Tipsy made pancakes. They're the best!"