Chapter 21 - [Knights and Exams]

Scotland, Hogwarts: June 1944

The weeks had passed fast and soon, there was only one week left to the semester.

The classes were over and no homework was given by the teachers. But still, the halls on that Friday were empty. 

The students used every waking moment to study for their End Of Year Examinations. 

So, no one watched as a few Slytherin students sneaked through the castle to an empty classroom on the third floor. 

This time, Maélys was not the last to walk into the room.

"Good evening, Knights," the black-haired boy greeted his followers.

"Good evening, my lord," ringed the response. 

Maélys held her head down, as did the others around her. 

"Avery," Tom said smiling and the boy stepped forward.

"My Lord, Goyle and Grabbe joined us."

The girl watched as the two stepped foward and were formerly introduced to th rest of them. 

"You did well, Avery," Tom praised the boy, waving them to their place, "Malfoy."

The blonde heir proudly lifted his head, "Everything's going according to your plan, my lord. It'll be finished soon."

"Good job, Malfoy."

Nodding, the boy returned to his place. 

"Lestrange," Tom called another boy forward.

"My lord, Antonin Dolohov has expressed his interest in joining us."

"Dolohov? What do we know about him?"

"He's just fifteen, but a skilfull duelist. Also, I was told that he was interested in the Dark Arts. He could be a promising new recruit."

"I will talk to him personally, Lestrange. Anyone else?"

"Yes, Damocles Rowle. Also a highly proficient and aggressive duellist. He's friends with Dolohov."

Tom was silent for a moment, thinking. 

"Thank you, Lestrange. I'll handle the two. You keep looking."

He turned to another boy, "Black."

Tom was satisfied as the boy took shakingly a step forward. He remembered the punishment he had to endure the last time he'd disppointed his master. But not today.

"My lord, I bring you good news. I was able to ease the suspicions of the Ministry officials and our contacts are working again."

His voice shook as he spoke.

"Very good, Black. I expect to see results soon."

"Yes, my lord, of course!"

Shaking, the boy stepped back and a relieved smile formed on his face. 

"Now, my next task is for all of you. This classroom won't be safe for us any longer. We'll need to find a secure place where no one could accidentily find us."

"My lord," Maélys lifted her head.

"Yes, Miss d'Avaugour."

"I think I know the perfect room for secret meetings."

Tom squinted his eyes at her. He knew what room she was talking about and if he was honest, he'd thought too that this room would be perfect. It was deep in the dungeons where no teacher would stumble upon them.