Chapter 8 - [New Year's Eve]

Lestrange Manor, December 1943

Tom Riddle couldn't stop thinking about her. Maèlys.

It's been a week since the Yule Ball at the Malfoy manor.

It drove him crazy. 

Why did he stay?, he asked himself over and over again.

Why did he stay and watch?

He couldn't find one plausible answer.

His first instinct when he'd heard the noice had been to follow it and find out what caused it.

But why did he stay after he saw them? Why not leave?

He thought of her beautiful dress pulled up to her hips and her creamy white legs wrapped around the man's waist.

He thought of her moans, each one had sent an electric wave through his body and he had to supress a pleasurable shudder.

And he thought of the eyes. Her mesmerizing blue eyes as she looked at him like he was the one fucking her against the shelves. He couldn't look away. 

He wanted to find her, grab her and shake her until she tells him what kind of spell she'd placed upon him. 

He'd never been interested in the basic pleasures of the body and certainly didn't want to start now.  

Since she first stumbled through the door's of the great hall she had humiliated him multiple times in front of his peers and in the classrooms. 

She openly challenged him and she always came out the victor. 

But that's going to stop now. 

She would not destroy what he built himself for the last six and a half years, he swore himself.

He had to find a way to make her bow to him, or he'll get her out of his way.

But first, he had to find a way to bring her to talk. 

***

He hadn't been sure if she would come to the New Year's Eve party of the Lestrange family. This event wasn't as exclusive as the Yule ball of the Malfoys and more guests were invited but as the hours went by and she still hadn't shown up he lowered his expectation for her to come.

So, he tried his best to charm as many important people as possible. After all, he'll graduate in a year and he's the best student the school has seen since Albus Dumbledore. He hadn't decided yet what he'll do after his graduation and it didn't hurt to have a few powerful people as sponsors.

Also, he needed to find the families who supported his cause.

Therefore, he was deeply involved in a conversation with the Rowle and Avery heirs when Amelia Travers came to their little group and excused herself and her fiance. 

The Rowle boy soon after excused himself too and so, Tom stood alone in the middle of the room. 

The black-haired man looked after both men. Rowle may be the family heir but he was still was boy, too young to understand politics and war-related issues. And Avery only seemed to chase skirts, even though he already had a fiance.  

As he looked around the room, he saw Torquin Travers and his younger daughter. And next to Louisa stood Maélys.

He knew that this party wasn't an environment as easily to control as Hogwarts. Maybe he should be more patient and wait a few days until they're back at the school.

But the moment he spotted her, her eyes seemed to find his and she smiled like the devil she was.

No, she was not the innocent girl that just lost her parents.