gotta find a piece that keeps us sticking 'round

Troye let out a sigh of relief upon returning home when he recognized he was home alone. He was tired and just really wanted a hot bath followed by some sleep. After placing his bags in his room and pouring himself a big glass of white wine, he went into his master bathroom, turned on the hot water for the bath tub, dropped in a bath bomb for some added fun, then pulled off his clothes and stepped into the relaxing water. Troye sunk down to sit in the tub and stretched out in the silky water. He then lifted his glass of wine, took a sip and placed it back on the floor next to tub. Troye closed his eyes and focused on relaxing- that was until he heard the garage door open.

"Fuuuuuck," Troye whined. He thought to himself if maybe he sat perfectly quiet, Jacob wouldn't notice he was there.

That plan failed, of course, as he heard Jacob's feet racing up the stairs.

"Troye?" Jacob said a bit out of breath as he looked into the bathroom.

"Here," Troye replied. Jacob looked at him and then stepped inside.

"Fuck. I totally forgot you were coming home today. How was Sweden?"

"Really great," Troye replied.

"Good. Good. Ummm, I was just coming in to change real quick. I have dinner plans with my friends, but I guess I could like cancel...," Jacob explained.

"Just go, it's fine," Troye answered, "where's Nash though?"

"I was going to stay at Kevin's tonight so he's with the sitter," Jacob replied almost looking guilty.

Troye nodded, "Ok, well, I can just get him a little later."

"Should I just come back here after dinner?" Jacob asked.

Troye laughed, "Are you asking for my permission to go out with your friends?"

"I just don't want to piss you off."

"Ok, well, you won't. Just go have fun. I'll see you tomorrow," Troye said picking up his glass of wine and taking another sip.

"Do you not want me here?" Jacob asked.

"Christ, Jacob," Troye groaned, "did I say that?"

"No, but usually you're pissed off if I'm not here when you get home," Jacob said crossing his arms.

"Jacob, I'm tired as hell. I just want to relax and I want you to do whatever it is that would make you happy. Stay if you want to stay, go with your friends, if you want to go," Troye sighed.

"Right, because if I say that I'm going with my friends, you're going to bitch me out for saying they are what makes me happy," Jacob argued.

Troye's jaw dropped as he looked at Jacob. He couldn't believe how his boyfriend was being so adversarial. It was then that he heard-

"Are you coming, J?" Coming from outside the bathroom.

Troye rolled his eyes as Jacob turned to look out the door.

"Ya, I was just...," Jacob started.

"Oh, Troye," Ryan Beatty said as he popped his head into the bathroom door.

Troye narrowed his eyes, "A little privacy in my bathroom would be nice."

Ryan looked over at Jacob, "I didn't realize he was here."

"Ya, I totally forgot he was coming home today," Jacob answered.

"Can you not talk about me as if I'm not right here?" Troye scoffed.

"I'll give you a minute, but hurry so we won't be late," Ryan said and turned to leave.

"Sounds like you're in a rush," Troye said.