January 4, 2001

Loving George was different.

I felt so sure of myself when I was around him. I actively wanted to make sure things would work out between us, which wasn't hard because George was so accepting. He loved me for all my faults.

And so did Molly, which helped a lot.

Everything came too easy. I was not used to that, and that was scary for me.

One day, I decided to leave. My conscience would not allow me stay. I stood in my room, filling my two trunks laying open on my desk. I tried to pack as quickly as possible, but in doing this, I must have been too loud, because George came in.

I kept my back to him and continued to move.

"Why didn't you tell me you're going on holiday?" he said.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I actually didn't know either."

"Where?" I heard the worry in his voice.

"Away."

"Why?"

I searched my brain for the perfect lie. "Uhm, maybe retail isn't right for me after all."

"Izzy, you're amazing at what you do! You're such a valuable asset, and you are so smart. We need you here."

I turned around to face him. "I'm not a Weasley, George."

I went back to filling my trunks. I heard him shuffling around behind me, and then it went silent for a bit. I started to wonder if he'd left, but then he spoke words I never thought I'd hear.

"Will you become one?"

I dropped the belt I'd been holding and spun around to see George on one knee, a tiny box in his hands. He opened it and showed me the ring inside. My hands flew to my mouth. I certainly hadn't expected this.

"Will you marry me?" He asked, eyes full of love.

"George," I gasped happily. I nodded.

He grinned like a boy and gently slipped the ring onto my finger and got to his feet. I didn't hesitate to throw my arms around his neck in the most loving embrace. "I love you, George Fabian Weasley."

"I love you, too, Isabella Jane Bott, soon-to-be Weasley."

I closed my eyes. I was in a state of euphoria. Nothing in the world could compare to what I was feeling.

I was going to get married!

"Izzy, can I ask you something?"

"Uh-huh."

"Where are you going? And for how long?"

I laughed. "I'm not going anywhere," I answered. "I'm going to stay right here, with you, forever."

He sighed. "That's a relief. But why were you going for real?"

"I was scared. I don't know what I was thinking."

He started rubbing my back. "Well, I'm here," he said. "We need to stick together, and get through things together, alright?"

"Alright." I nuzzled my face into his neck and just took him in. We would stick together. He was my soulmate.

Wait. Soulmate?

Of course! The necklace had been right all along. I'd always thought the beautiful brown it always turned when I touched it represented Fred's eyes, but no. It was George's. I'd had the same soulmate the whole time, just a jacked up way of getting to him. Not that it wasn't worth it, of course.

And when I thought about all the things we'd been through together, George and I, it made perfect sense. How had I managed to not see it until now? He was the one for me. All those years ago when Fred had passed, I thought I was supposed to be there for him.

Turns out, he was there for me.

Total word count: 33,383

A/N: HOLY CRAP IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! I really hope you guys liked most of it because it took way too long (over 2 years) to finish. I do apologize for the weird-feeling ending. I'm just so done with this book haha.. Leave comments and vote if you did end up liking it! Thank you so much for reading!