Story Fifteen - Iron Man: Suit of Water and Ice

Song: "Champion" - Three Days Grace

Genre (s): Fanfiction/Fantasy

Written When? 12th Grade

Prologue

        Fongafale, Tuvalu, a tiny island in the South Pacific, which was located halfway between Hawaii and Australia, had a much darker secret to it than most people thought. It was something that had the power to destroy all of civilization.

The night was dead and silent, with nothing more than the gentle slap of waves on the beach. A dark, shadowy figure appeared on it. Her name was Teuila, a young girl who had just recently returned from her expedition across the world's five oceans.

Her bare feet made not a sound, as she slowly approached the end of the beach where the lagoon met the ocean. Through the shadows covering her body, she lifted her hands. Gold magic that looked like ticking clocks appeared in them, and she focused her attention on the rough ocean below her.

As the light in her hands grew brighter, a great roar came from the water's surface.

Teuila threw them down and punched it. A bright, blue light appeared in the ocean under her, as well as a pair of glowing, blue eyes.

The song of a Ginkgo Toothed-Beaked Whale exploded into the still atmosphere.

The water under Teuila's hands started to twirl like a whirlpool. It took on the form of an unusual device–a device that looked familiar–like it belonged to someone... someone who had to wear it to keep shrapnel away from his heart.

Teuila cracked a sinister smile when she saw the light in the water. She told the glowing eyes within it, "The time has come. Our world is going to be saved, and we're not going to let anyone stand in our way."

Teuila fell to her knees in the sand and edged her hand closer to the figure in the whirlpool. The glowing, blue eyes followed every movement she made. "Our only hope," continued the young girl as she studied the figure, "is the arc reactor." Without another word, she smacked her hand down on the image. Boom! There was a great flash of light, and then–

Malibu, California

Tony Stark woke up with a start. He shot up in bed, as a wave of pain engulfed his chest. The arc reactor in it started to glow.

Terrified, Tony unbuttoned his pajama top and pulled the two halves apart. He peered down on the glowing chest piece, which flickered on and off for a few seconds. It then just stopped. The pain left Tony's chest, but he did not remove his frightened eyes from the arc reactor. All he could say was, "Oh, God," and then he flopped back down on his pillow.

Iron Man:

Suit of Water and Ice

Chapter 1

TSPPIR and Doctor Strange

That morning after breakfast, Tony went straight to work. He locked himself up in his workshop and tried to figure out what it was that caused his arc reactor to hurt him. The pain had subsided, but it was insane when he got up that morning.

"What seems to be the problem, Jarvis?" he asked his computer system, as he pulled up a holographic image of the chest piece. "Is it the element again?"