Chapter Seventeen

"Mom, why does your eyes looks so puffy?" Minho furrowed his brows.

He raised his eyes and looked behind his mother and saw Felix coming downstairs.

"Hyung." Felix faintly called.

Instead of answering Minho, his mother quickly turned around, "Felix, why don't you make your brother some tea?"

Minho peered on his mom and felt something was definitely wrong.

"Use this tea I brought." Minho muttered and played along with his mother's act. He couldn't shook off the idea that something's wrong but he just couldn't talk it out loud.

The three of them went to the kitchen, Felix prepared everything for the tea while his mother prepared snacks.

"I'll help." Minho announced and went beside his mother but his mother immediately refused his help.

"No," his mother shook her head, and smiled "don't waste your energy and sit down. You're the visitor for today."

"Mom's right, so listen to her." Felix beamed.

Somehow the mood lighten up than earlier in the doorway upon his arrival but he could still feel some tension.

"Fine." he surrendered and sat on the dining area while facing his sibling and mother.

He observed them, his mother didn't look like before, she got more wrinkles on her face, she got dark circles and at the same time puffy eyes, she looked stress. And for his brother, Felix, never been so silent like this before.

"Where's dad?" Minho asked and he caught the two flinched.

He started to get worried and at the same time he fumed in anger. He stood up, dragging his chair behind and slammed his hands on the glass table.

Felix and their mother flinched again and turned their head on him shocked and scared.

"M-Minho-yah, what's wrong?" his mother trembled and tears were filling up her eyes

"Where's dad?" he muttered again but this time he was furious.

"Hyung, calm down. What's gotten into you?" Felix nagged but he was also fuming in anger.

"Since I stepped on this residence earlier, from the very first step I already noticed something's wrong. Mind if you tell me? because I don't want this kind of tension between our family!" Minho roared.

Felix became silent, he haven't seen his brother got angry ever since they got adult and as expected it was more scarier than before and the last thing he did was to stare at their mother.

He couldn't hide it anymore but it was better if their mother would tell his older brother.

Their mother closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before exhaling, her breath was uneven and she was trembling.

"No." their mother muttered firmly.

"Mom!" Felix widen his eyes towards his mom, "tell him about it or everything will be more complicated."

Their mother still shook her head, "No, you shouldn't hear this kind of news when you just got married." she cried.

"What is it?!" Minho snarled, "you just can't hide-"

"No, you can't hear-" their mother who cried immediately got cut off by Felix.

"Mom and dad got divorced."

"What?" Minho muttered but due to the shock it came out in whisper.

Their mother kneeled on the floor and covered her face and cried.

"It was when you announced your marriage to the whole family, that was the day when they signed the divorcement papers. After that day, remember when I went to your house? I was supposed to tell you about that without mother's knowledge but you looked happy and I couldn't ruin your day just by saying it, so I waited for mom to tell you but it already got three months until I finally told you today. I couldn't bare the conscience that was killing me everyday." Felix said in his very deep and serious voice.

"W-why?" Minho trembled.

"Love sometimes fell out, Minho hyung." Felix muttered, sadly but there was a hint of arrogance in his voice.

"Felix! you shouldn't talk things like that to your brother who just got married." their mother shouted and reached for Felix's legs.

Felix looked down, "I'm sorry."

He bend down and reached for his mom and helped her up with his hands gently gripped on his mother's arms.

"I'll just bring her to her room, hyung so she can rest." Felix muttered.

Minho that was too bewildered and angry at the same time, focused on his mom first. He pursed his lips and nodded his head slightly.

Later on, Felix came down with a empty dining area. He looked around and couldn't find his older brother.

"Hyung?" Felix called out everytime he thought that his older brother was in the place he checked on.

He quickly dialed Minho and luckily the older answered.

"Hyung, where are you?!" Felix nagged worriedly.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to message you. I went out. I think I need some time alone." Minho muttered and his voice was completely in a sad tone.

Felix pursed his lips, "Okay. Just be careful."

Minho hummed before ending the call.

Felix scoffed, "You need some time alone? Were you the one who got divorced? Geez." he mumbled and rolled his eyes.

He went to the contact list on his phone and clicked Chan's number.

"Oh well, I still need to stay as the good guy here." he muttered before clearing his throat when Chan had answered his call.

"Hi, Felix. What's up?" Chan greeted.

"Hi, hyung." Felix muttered in a sad voice, "Something happened here and Minho already went away. I thought I should tell you because Minho hyung seems in a bad state."

"What? Why-what happened?" Chan asked worriedly.

"I have told Minho hyung that our parents got divorced and he got really shocked about it."

"Divorced? Oh, god. I'm sorry, Felix." Chan said sympathetically, "I should hang up now and look for Minho."

Felix nodded his head even he knows Chan couldn't see him, "Okay, hyung. Be careful and please take care of Minho hyung."

Chan didn't say any word and hang up immediately. He entered the meeting room and everyone looked at him.

"I'm sorry, something came up and I need to go. Let's continue our meeting tomorrow." Chan muttered.

"I will have the meeting rescheduled, sir." Chan's secretary declared. Chan nodded in approval.

He didn't waste no time and exited the building and along his way to the parking area he kept dialing Minho's number.