Chapter Fourteen

It's finally the day and Minho was unsual quiet and just did the things that must be done right away.

"Minho?" Chan called out while preparing the ingredients for the dishes they will be serving tonight.

Minho was leaning on the kitchen counter and was watching Chan or not. He got startled but he quietly stared at Chan with wide eyes.

Chan sighed and washed his hands and went around to lock Minho between his arms.

"What?" Minho asked, confused and looked away.

Chan gently held his chin and made the latter face him, "You're spacing out."

"Oh... yeah... was I?" Minho answered and wasn't really sure what he was doing.

Chan sighed, "You're stressing out again."

Minho finally heaved a sigh, he looked down and covered his face.

"I'm so anxious that I think my heart is going to burst out." Minho said as he took deep breaths.

"Hey...Hey, look at me." Chan took the latter's hands away from his face and cupped his face to let him face him but Minho couldn't look into his eyes.

"Look at me, baby." Chan called out again and finally he caught the latter's attention.

"I know you're nervous for the dinner later but you should not think of anything else but me." Chan smiled playfully.

Minho wacked Chan's hands away and looked away, tears threatening to fall.

"You're not helping. Stop joking around when everything is so tense."

"I'm not joking at all," Chan shook his head and cupped Minho's face again. "Just think it'll be just a dinner like what we always do but this time we are going to tell them something new and it's our marriage and I think they will not get surprised about it since we almost spend our time together like a couple when we were only still friends beside they ship us together, remember?"

Minho sighed and nodded his head.

"So what's with the face when it will be a big day?" Chan smiled.

Minho plastered a faint a smile in his face.

"Good." Chan said and kissed Minho and slowly trailed down to the latter's neck.

"Chan, don't leave marks-ah!" Minho pinched Chan while the other ran away while laughing victoriously.

Minho immediately went to a mirror in the dining area and saw a mark on his neck before glaring to the older.

"What? At least they will know later that our marriage is really true and we're not joking around." Chan stated.

"Pssh."

•••

"Everything will be fine, right?" Minho questioned for the tenth time today.

Chan couldn't complain at the nervous latter whenever Minho repeated the question Minho would fidget, look down and bit his lips which he find cute.

This time Chan was embracing Minho from behind and watched the bright city ahead them while Minho couldn't relax and watched the scenario because he was busy pinching Chan's veiny arms.

"Everything will be fine, Minho." Chan stated and pecked Minho's nape.

The dinner table was already ready at the yard, there were lines of light bulbs hanging above them, the barbecue griller was already full of burning charcoal. The food was also placed in another table and the missing piece was their parents and friends to complete the dinner party.

beep...beep...beep!

Minho got startled and immediately parted away from Chan. He mentally slapped himself for doing it and whispered a sorry to the older. Chan only smiled and surprised him with a quick kiss before jogging away to open the gate.

Bang Chan's parents were the one who arrived first.

"Minho-yah!" Chan's mom smiled widely and engulfed the latter with a warm hug.

Minho was tense upon seeing Chan's parents approaching but when he felt the warm hug from Chan's mother and a gentle pat from his father, aka his parents in law, he felt reassured the night will be fine.

Minho' parents was the second ones to arrived together with his younger brother, Felix.

"Minho hyung!" Felix happily greeted and hugged his older brother. Minho smiled upon seeing his family approaching.

"Aigoo, our Chan is growing handsome~" Minho's mother stated patting the latter's head.

Minho frowned at his mom for ignoring his presence.

"Mom." Minho muttered and his smile came back when her mother smiled towards him and squeezed his cheeks.

"Our Minho is also growing handsome~"

"The time flies so fast, Mrs. Lee." Mrs. Bang said and two went away to talk. Their fathers also.

"So, what's the occasion?"

"Hmm... you'll know later." Minho smiled.

Chan was surprised to see the Minho got more confidence about tonight and he was so proud about it. The next thing happened was the arrival of the others.

"This is a very nice place." Chan's father said as he gazed on the city and everyone agreed.

They were grilling some meats and veggies and at the same time eating.

"Who's house is this by the way?" Changbin finally asked his curiosity.

"Oh." Minho was stunned and was about to drink his softdrink. His eyes immediately looked to Chan who's beside him and completely normally. Everyone's attention was on them now.

"It's Minho and mine." Chan innocently answered.

Minho mentally slapped his forehead while the others was now stunned.

"Huh?" Jeongin muttered.

Hyunjin, Jisung and Seungmin started to fake coughing.

Minho rubbed his burning face before sighing and smiled widely to them.

"We... we got married almost a month now." Minho said.

Minho's father and Chan's father who were drinking beer had their mouth hanged open.
And their mother's happily squeeled while the others shouted and cheered.

Minho looked to Chan who was laughing with them, he immediately pinched his side earning a groan.

"You did it in purpose, speaking innocently, so I'll be the one to say it, did you?"

Chan laughed and hugged Minho, "But you did it... And look at them."

Everyone was happy and Minho was relieved about it.

After the complete happy chaos. They asked how did it happened and so, the married couple told them the whole story how it happened.