(1) winter break

( a/n : sorry abt these author notes, but your best friend is gonna go by they/them pronouns, but u can change them to fit your irl best friend if you want c: )

Y/N pov

As I sit at my desk, i watch the seconds on the clock tick by. I was so excited to get home to test my new streaming equipment that i had bought. Just 2 more minutes until i am free from the wrath of the semester. tick... tick... tick... i start drifting into a soft snooze, until I get awoken by the startling ring of the bell. i quickly fumble out of my seat and nearly trip over my bag. "YN !!!" i hear my best friend shout back at me. i quickly turn my head around to see them pointing at my computer technologies project. "oh shit! thanks!" I run back to my desk and pick up my project. I flash a quick wave at them as i bolt out the door.

Determined to get back to my dorm, I start running, even though I could barely see over my bags. Suddenly i get stopped in my tracks as i run into a hard body. The crash forces me to drop all my bags, including my project. "shit sorry, i wasn't looking where i was going" I look up and see a somewhat familiar guy staring back at me. I quickly blush. He kneels down and helps me pick up everything. I still couldn't find out where i've seen him before "shit was this something important?" He says picking up the ruins of my project. "yeah, it was for my computer technologies class."

"no way! you take that class too?" Mystery solved. I must've seen him in my class. "yeah..." I say.

"i'm nick btw"

"yn." I answer.

I notice nick staring at my bag, and i realise my new streaming gear had fell out. "I stream on twitch" A smile forming on my face.

"wow cool! so do i!" He says with a giant grin.

"nice! what's your user? i'll follow you!"

"oh erm... its uh" I could tell he was getting nervous, so I stated, "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"no! no! Its uh sapnap, like pandas but backwards kinda"

"yo that's so creative! my user is mother.y/n" I quickly search up nick's name on twitch "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE FAMOUS!" I yell, apparently too loud because a couple people stare at me.

"haha, not really"

"bro you have 1M followers! i only have like 1k!"

"that's still quite a lot..."

"yeah I guess" I stare down at my broken project.

"um, if you would like, we can go back to my apartment, so we can fix your project, im pretty sure it's closer too." nick says, slightly shuffling his feet.

"yeah, okay :)"

No one pov:

Nick and yn ended up working on the project for hours. Once they finished, they decided to watch a horror movie.

Nick pov:

Y/n and i agreed to watch the movie ' IT chapter 1 '. I noticed that y/n was getting scared so I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Half asleep, she snuggled into me. When the movie finished, I checked my watch to see what time it was. 11:00. "shit. it's 11 o'clock"

"shoot. if I leave now, i'll get in trouble for wandering around the dorms late at night." Stress filling y/n's face.

"you can crash here, if you want?" I say, looking down at my feet and back up to her.

"yeah, sure. i'll sleep on the couch"

"no. no. no. I can't let you sleep on the couch. I have a reputation with the ladies, yknow." I chuckle.

"yeah I'm sure they love when you laugh at your own jokes" y/n winks. wow I just realised how cute she is.

"I'll sleep on the couch," I insist.

"I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch in your OWN house." She says with a stubborn look on her face.

"fine, how about we just both sleep in my bed. We'll sleep back to back though, so it's not weird" I wink.

"oh, yeah sure" she smiles. God her smile was adorable. I can't believe I had never noticed her before.

I show her to my room and she decides to have a shower. Why do I feel this way? I legit just met her, what are these feelings? Just her smile makes me happy...

y/n pov

I hop in the shower and start to cleanse my body. Nick is so cute... Even though I just met him, he makes me so happy... Just his smile makes my heart pound out of my chest... What am I thinking?! I just met this dude today!

Once I finish showering, I realise that I didn't have any spare clothes. I wrap a towel around my body and peek out the bathroom door. Nick is sitting there on his bed. He looks up and notices me standing there. I swear I saw a slight bit of red in his face, but that's probably just how he looks.

"uh... I realised I didn't have any clothes..."

"oh..." Nick is silent for a bit, just staring at me. "oh, yeah right. Let me just get you some clothes you can borrow..." He walks into his closet and brings out a black hoodie and some sweatpants. I smile at him as a simple 'Thank you' gesture. I close the door and get changed. The hoodie was like a thrasher hoodie, except instead of saying Thrasher it said Sapnap. Wow. He gave me his merch. I tie the drawstring of the sweatpants a little tighter so that it fits better, and walk out of the room. Nick once again is in the same position on the bed.

"goodnight" I say while sliding into the bed.

"night." Nick smiles back.