Chapter 1

Carlos had a not-so happy life. His friends were ignoring him for no reason at all. Just the other day, he had approached them when they all walked away, not sparing him a glance. This had been going on for a month, and Carlos didn't know the reason why. He hated not knowing things. Jane, his girlfriend of six months and the daughter of Fairy Godmother, was growing more and more distant. Carlos loved her with all his heart, so he was worried about her. He was currently walking towards her dorm that she shared with Lonnie, daughter of Mulan. He knocked on the door, which was answered by Lonnie.

"Carlos!" she exclaimed sounding genuinely shocked, and alarmed. 

Carlos's brow furrowed. 'Why is she acting like this?'

"Hey Lonnie, do you know where Jane is?" he inquired.

"I don't know," she said a bit too quickly.

Carlos raised an eyebrow, and Lonnie sighed.

"She's at Ben's office," she said. "Carlos, you should prepare yourself."

"ok?" asked Carlos, confused.

Lonnie shut the door somberly.

Carlos spun around and crashed into someone. 

"Oh I'm so-Hey Evie!" he greeted, as he saw the familiar midnight blue curls.

Evie didn't respond, just tossed her hair and sauntered away, where Mal and Jay were waiting for her, right outside Ben's office. Carlos shook his head. He should've known better than to expect a response. He walked over the door of Ben's office, a few feet away from where the other VKs were sitting, staring intently at him. Just as he was about to knock, the door opened, and there stood Jane. His face broke into a grin.

"Hey-"

"We need to talk." stated Jane bluntly.

Carlos frowned. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Mal and Evie looking like they were about to cry, and Jay glaring at Jane. Carlos gestured Jane to go on.

She took a deep breath and continued. "We need to breakup."

Those words made Carlos stop breathing for a second.

"W-What?" he whispered.

"Look, I'm in love with Ben. I don't love you anymore, and I don't think we should be friends either. It would just be a painful reminder."

Jane walked away. Tears started streaming down Carlos's face, and yet he was frozen in silence. He caught Mal, and Evie crying too, and Jay giving him a sympathetic look, but he was too numb to register it. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he ran to his room, and slammed the door.

So how was it? This is my first book, and I'm combining my favorite character, my otp, and my favorite song. This is going to be  a Marlos story. I will update when I feel like it. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to comment.

-Bookwormthe3rd, out

448 words