Chapter 2

Evie wanted to run to her best friend. She wanted to hug him, and run her hands through his snow white hair soothingly. Yet she couldn't do anything more than break down on the floor of her dorm with Mal comforting her, and Jay.....Jay was just staring at the wall behind her guiltily. She had known that Jane was going to breakup with Carlos, but she couldn't hold her tears back as she saw the hurt and betrayed look on his face. Just remembering that, she started to sob harder. Carlos was like her little brother, and she had been ignoring him for his own good. A month ago, a prophecy had been formed. A prophecy that they suspected was about Carlos. And so they had kept their distance. Evie was surprised at how Mal was keeping calm. She knew about Mal's feelings for Carlos. Evie eventually stopped crying. She knew that Carlos would come to class tomorrow. He cared too much about school not too. With that thought, she closed her eyes and let slumber overtake.

The Next Morning

Evie was right. As usual, Carlos was the first one in class. However, his eyes were red and puffy, indicating that he had been crying, and his hair was messed, something Carlos would never allow, even if his mother had died. She slipped into the seat behind him, not daring to talk to him. The day flew by, and before she knew it, she was walking to her dorm. She passed by Chad, and his lackeys bullying Carlos and....wait WHAT?!. She does a double take and indeed sees Chad bullying Carlos. Carlos's pleading chocolate brown orbs meet her own dark ones, and she's tempted to punch the life out of Chad when she remembers the prophecy. She forces herself to walk away, choking back a sob. 

She pushed open the door to her dorm to find Mal flipping through her spellbook. She put on her best scolding look, and snatched the book out of Mal's hands. Mal looked up, startled.

"Need I remind you, that this should be in the museum along with my mirror," she asked sternly.

Mal sighed. "Look E, I had a dream last night about someone stealing the crown and my mother's scepter. And you know fae dreams predict the future," she confessed.

Evie's eyebrows furrowed. "But who and why would they steal your mother's scepter?" she asked.

Mal shrugged, grabbed her spellbook, and went back to reading. Evie walked over to her desk, and started her homework. However, she couldn't concentrate as her mind was plagued with images of Carlos getting bullied, and questions as to what Mal had told her. 'Fae dreams always come true.' she thought, before she shrugged it off. 'Nah, Mal's just being paranoid.' Satisfied, she focused on her homework, all other thoughts flying out of her head.

Okay so that was the second chapter, I'm sorry for the short chapters. It's just I'm not a great writer. Hope you all enjoy the story.

-Bookwormthe3rd, out

497 words