Chapter 3

9 Months Later 

Carlos was now getting regularly bullied on a daily basis, and yet no one did anything. He slowly stopped talking unless necessary, and even Dude, his loyal dog, was worried.

"Dude, what's wrong with you?" he asked one day, as Carlos was getting ready for class.

"Nothing," Carlos replied with a tight smile.

The truth was that he was diagnosed with depression, but he kept that to himself. He had begged the school guidance counselor, Mother Goose, not to tell anyone. She had reluctantly, but nonetheless, agreed. Ben had brought over 4 new VKs. Dizzy Tremaine, Celia Facilier, Squeaky and Squirmy Smee. Carlos had hoped that they would have been friends with him, especially since he was close to Celia and Dizzy back on the Isle. At first, they had stuck close to him, but after soon they too started teasing and taunting him. Carlos's life was miserable. Although he would never admit it, he was starting to think of committing suicide. He cleared his head, and headed to the cafeteria for some breakfast, when someone tripped him. He heard giggling and he immediately knew who it was.

"Good morning to you too, Celia," he said, with false cheer.

Celia rolled her eyes and walked away. Carlos stood up and entered the cafeteria. Upon doing so, insults were hurled at him.

"FREAK!"

"DEVIL!"

He did his best to ignore these as he walked to the table nobody but he occupied. He slowly ate his french toast and gulped down his orange juice while reading his favorite book, 101 Dalmations , his mother's story. He had always been fascinated by the story as a kid, and as a teenager was no different. Suddenly all chatter died down, and he looked up to see Ben kneeling on one knee in front of Jane. Carlos's breath hitched.

"Jane," Ben started. "We've known each other since we've been born. And I know that we've only been dating for a short while but...."

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a box. Ben opened it. 

"Will you marry me?"

He said the very words Carlos dreaded. Everyone in the room including Carlos held their breath in anticipation. He knew that Jane didn't love him anymore, yet that didn't stop him from hoping that she wouldn't say-

"Yes"

Everyone cheered as Ben slid the ring onto Jane's finger.

Everyone except Carlos, as a single tear slid down his face. 

'My life can't get any more screwed up'  he thought.

Little did he know how wrong he would be.

Meanwhile, 2.3 miles away, a green scepter glowed brightly as it found a person evil enough to wield it. The Dragon's Eye let it's mistress know that the time for revenge had come.

Maleficent cackled a cackle so loud, it was probably heard by the goblins all the way on the Isle of the Doom.

All right, third chapter done.

-Bookwormthe3rd, out

477 words