Chapter 4

Carlos felt numb. He felt exactly like he did 9 months ago when Jane broke up with him. His brain registered Jane and Ben kiss. He registered cheering, hooting, and whistling, and clapping. He saw Audrey give Jane a big hug, and Chad clap Ben on the back. He noticed Evie giving him worried glances, and for the first time, he felt bitter. He wanted to yell, rip his black and white hair out. But he didn't. 

No, what he did was walk up to Ben and Jane and say, "Congratulations."

Jane was caught off guard, while Ben beamed at him, and said, "Thanks."

Jane snapped out of whatever trance she was in and nodded. The bell rang, and the students dispersed out of the cafeteria. Carlos had P.E first with Coach Jenkins, so he headed out to the tourney field, where he saw red cones lined up. He internally groaned, momentarily forgetting his misery. 'This is going to be a long period.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Evie was no fool. She was the second smartest person in the school. (Of course, the first was Carlos.) She knew that when Carlos was mad his jaw tended to clench, as it did when he congratulated Ben and Jane on their engagement. No one else seemed to notice. Jay was god knows where, and Mal was trying desperately not to lash out. Evie could tell she noticed too. The bell rang, and Evie saw Carlos rush out the doors. But Evie felt sick. She decided not to go to school, and headed towards her dorm. She burst in and immediately felt nauseous. Evie had barely stepped in her bathroom, when she threw up. Thankfully, it was in the sink. By now, Evie's head was spinning. She made it to her bed and decided to take a nap. She put on her blue pajamas, and slipped under her blue, satin covers. It wasn't long when her eyes started to droop. However as she was about to slip into slumber, a loud BANG! resounded from outside her door, and a moment later Mal walked in looking absolutely furious. 

"What did you?" groaned Evie.

"I punched Chad," Mal replied, smugly. "He was laughing at Carlos about something, so after Carlos left, I walked up to him and punched him."

"Then what was that bang?" asked Evie.

"Oh uh, I might have accidently released magic into the punch," said Mal sheepishly.

Evie groaned, and Mal apologized.

"It's-" Evie started to say, but fainted. The last thing she remembered was Mal shouting her name.

Chapter 4 is complete. I can't believe I completed four chapters in a span of 2 days. Well, I do have a lot of inspiration for this story. Anyways I apologize for the short chapters, but it's really the best I can do.

-Bookwormthe3rd,out

467 words