Wendy Dreamland Part 3

Chapter 34

"Guardian of Soul, where are we going?" That was Alyssa's immediate question after I pulled her out of the room.

"We're going to St. Luke's Hospital," I answered simply, before putting on the jacket I was carrying and fixing my hair. I do not know if I am doing the right thing or not. All I know is that I need to help this child. That alone is the most important thing right now.

We went straight to the car, and there I first put Alyssa in the passenger seat before I turned towards the driver's seat to drive the car to Manila. It's late at night, and I should be able to come back tomorrow because Hailey's parents are worried about their child. I just said that I was only staying two days at Albus' house, especially since it's the weekend. But I have to attend school tomorrow, so I should be able to return to Plamour immediately. It was a bit far, but there is always a way. 

"Guardian of the Soul—"

I did not finish Alyssa with what she was about to mumble.

"Allyssa, you can call me Mary." I turned to her for a moment and smiled before I regained my sight on the road.

"Okay, Mary." I just smiled when I heard her. This is probably the first time I have heard my name again from anyone other than Saint. After about three months, Mary, you don't own that body, right? Do you? " That question did not surprise me. I nodded in response. "Why?" However, her additional question is what I could not answer. I can't tell the little girl that I gave up on life. I gave up on the life I had before while she was right in front of me, continuously fighting to get back the life she had before.

I can't help but think that I am now faced with an enormous mistake. Yet I struggle to resist the feeling and ignore it.

"How did you know I didn't own this body?" I'm just asking to change the subject.

"Your physical face is different from your soul, Mary," 

Saint said. The Grim Reaper sees my soul, but he did not say that even the lost souls see the same.

"Why is that?" She asked again, so this time I had nothing else to do but answer her.

"Because like you, I am a lost soul. I just had a little problem, so here I am. " She nodded when I looked at her. She seems to understand the things I said at her young age.

I couldn't help but smile again.

Alyssa looks beautiful as a child. She will achieve a lot as she grows up. That's why I was even more determined to help her. I thought maybe she could reach the things I left behind when I chose to wrap the rope around my neck.

"Mary, when I come back, will I still remember you?" Her question I can not answer again. I don't even know how I can help Alyssa. I was afraid that because of the title, I would make her hope for nothing, and I'm not sure how it will work.

"I don't know what to do, Alyssa, but I will do everything to help you. Just trust me, okay? " With that, she nodded again.

I accelerated the car so that we could get to St. Luke's Hospital, and I could think for a long time about helping the child get back to her body. We spent about four hours on the road, but we still could not get there. It would only be quick if we boarded a plane, but that was a hassle. There is no time to book a flight. So, instead of complaining, I put up with another tiring two-hour drive to get to our destination.

It didn't take long for Alyssa to smile a lot when I parked the car in the hospital parking lot. I immediately went out, and Alyssa did the same. She just passed through the car, something I had never thought of before. Nevertheless, I am not surprised; perhaps I am already accustomed to it.

I immediately asked at the reception where I could find Allyssa Montalban's room. That is the name Allyssa gave me. They asked me how I was related to the patient, so I said I was the child's cousin. They would not have allowed me to visit, but I insisted. That's why they also have no choice.

"Room 607 and the 7th floor." The nurse who was there said, with a tired voice.

I just smiled.

But what Wendy does not know is that the dream she thinks is her reality, and what she thinks is reality is just her dream. Wendy is just traveling to Dreamland in search of happiness.

I M _ V E N A