Chapter 40

Draupadi ran to her inner chamber feeling nauseous. "Bhabhi?" Dushala said. "Bhabhi!" Dushala said seeing Draupadi vomiting. "Bhabhi! Drink water." Dushala said and Draupadi quickly drank but no use she again felt nauseous and started vomiting. Dushala rubbed her back in a comforting manner until Draupadi was done. "What happened bhabhi? Should I call the doctor." Dushala asked. 'No need jiji." Draupadi said weakly. "But-" Dushala said but was cut off. "Must be indigestion or something. Recently I don't like onions so..." Draupadi said making Dushala nod.

"Bhrata!" Dushala whisper yelled making nakul turn around. "Wha-" Nakul said. "Shhh!" Dushala said. "What?" Nakul whispered. "See bhabhi." Dushala whispered and the two peeked inside the kitchen. Draupadi had reached the level of tolerating the smell of onion, she quickly took her pallo and covered her mouth with it and continued cooking. "Bhabhi is feeling really irritated by the smell of onions." Dushala whispered. "Some people have." Nakul whispered.

"Bhabhi vomited twice today and once yesterday." Dushala whispered. "Now you are saying me? Couldn't you say me earlier or called the ved?" Nakul whisper yelled. "I wanted to but bhabhi stopped me to do so." Dushala said. "This girl will never listen." Nakul said and started rambling. "Bhrata! Bhabhi! Bhabhi!" Dushala said pointing at Draupadi who was walking in the corridor. She was feeling extremely dizzy and was in the verge of falling down. Nakul looked to the direction where dushala was pointing and quickly rushed towards Draupadi as her legs had already given up and was in the verge to fall.

Nakul thankfully caught her on time and shook her a little by she didn't move. Nakul carried her in bridal style and rushed to her chamber. "Survi! Call the ved! Dhara go and call the rest!" Nakul said and two quickly went to do what they had been told to them. "Ved ji please come! Maharani has fainted!" Survi said. "Angraj! Angrani has fainted" "Maharaj! Maharani has fainted." "Khandav Yuvraj! Maharani has fainted!" "Ang senapati! Angrani has fainted!" "Khandav senapati! Maharani has fainted!" Survi informed everybody. "What?" They all said standing up. "Where is she?" they asked. "In her chamber" and they dashed towards her chamber. "Now only ang senapati is left." Dhara said and went towards the training area. "Wait! You can't go." a soldier said. "Why?" Dhara asked. "Today is special training and senapati told not to disturb." the soldier said. "Its important!" Dhara said.

"What?" the soldier asked. "Angrani has fainted!" Dhara said. "What?" Arjun asked from inside. "What senapati?" a trainee asked. "I heard something. Related to angrani.. it was dhara's voice." Arjun said. "Ser- senapati!" Dhara said entering the room. "What happened?" Arjun asked. "Ang rani has fainted and ang senapati is calling you to her chamber." Dhara said and hearing it Arjun ran towards their chamber in lightning speed. When he reached to the chamber everybody was standing outside worried sick. As he approached them the ved came out of the room. "What happened?" they all asked. "Good news! Angrani is expecting. Maharani is giving indraprasth the first heir." the ved said. Their happiness knew no bounds hearing it.

"Where is that baboon? Call him!" Bheem said. "There he is!" Dushala said pointing at Arjun who was standing frozen not being able to believe his ears. "Am I going to be a father? Is she carrying my child?" Arjun asked. "Who else stupid!" Yudhistir said. "I am going to be a father! She is carrying my child! Oh my god!" Arjun said tearing up and nearly shouting out of happiness. "We all not only yours!" Karn said. "We have equal rights as well!" Nakul said. "Your child is our child as well." Shahadev said and the brothers shared a group hug.

"You may meet maharani now." the ved said. "Ved! Wait!" Arjun said making him wait. Arjun took out precious ruby and gave it to him. "Thank you for making this day the most memorable." Arjun said. "Thank you your highness thank you!" the ved said and left. "Go bhrata!" Dushala said pushing Arjun inside. "We will come later. We have some work." Bheem said closing the door. Arjun moved towards the peacefully sleeping Draupadi and sat besides her. He bent down and kissed her forehead. "Thank you." he whispered. 

"Arya?" Draupadi said waking up as his tears fell on her. Arjun quickly helped her sit up straight and showered her with several kisses. "Arya? What happened? Why are you crying?" Draupadi asked. "Thank you! Thank you! You already are the most special gift but now you are again giving me another special gift." Arjun said. "What arya?" Draupadi asked totally confused. "We are going to be parents krishnaa." Arjun said. "You mean... I..." Draupadi asked. "Yes dear! Thank you so much!" Arjun said hugging her. Both tightly embraced each other and let the happy tears flow freely.

*****

"Sit quietly and eat!" Bheem said feeding Draupadi who was in no mood to eat. "I am full arya!" Draupadi said. "Two more spoons. Just two!" Bheem said. Its been almost a month since the news broke out. Indraprasth were more than happy and were excited hearing that the maharani was expecting with gandhivdhari. "Bhrata! Aadya!" Shahadev said entering the chamber. "What happened deva?" Bheem asked. "We have been invited to Dwarka for Revati bhabhi's godh bharai." Shahadev said. "Good! Perfect! We can share our good news with everybody." Yudhistir said. "While traveling to Dwarka we can send this news to hastinapur as well." Karn said.

"I will say that!" Dushala said. "Ofcourse you will be the one to open your mouth first! Any doubts?" Arjun said. "Nope! Not at all!" Nakul and Shahadev said. "Bhabhi come lets pack. Don't listen to them." Dushala said and the two ladies went to pack. 

"Arya! I can't stay in the palanquin!" Draupadi complained. "Sit in the carriage with bhrata Arjun then." Shahadev said and Draupadi did as he said. The two sat in the open carriage and started their journey to hastinapur first. "Pranipat mata! pitashree." the pandavas and their wife along with sister greeted everybody. "Welcome!" Bhism said. "Congratulations on your success with indraprasth." Vidur said. "Its already well known all over aryavrat." Dhritrarsatra said. "But so suddenly?" Pandu said. "Is it only me or is putri Draupadi really glowing?" Kunti said. 'Putri Draupadi has an unusual glow today." Gandhari said. "We are actually on our way to Dwarka. Hastinapur comes on our way so we thought to share something with hastinapur first." Karn said.

"What?" Bhism asked. "Me and Draupadi are expecting pitamah." Arjun said. "What???" they all said surprised. "Congratulations!" they all congratulated them. "No wonder why our ladli is glowing." Gandhari said. "Just wait for few years. I will visit almost regularly along with this little one after he/she comes." Dushala said. "Okay! Good for us! Handle a little separation with your son. We are not letting him go." Kunti said.