Chapter 20

~Still Johnathon's POV~

I was surprised to see her standing at my door.

Me-"How can I help you?"

I asked trying not to sound mad or hurt. I didn't even look up at her. I was that mad.

Isabella-"Your majesty. I have grown worried that I have done something wrong or in some way have offended you."

She sounded scared and hurt as she spoke. I looked up at her.

Me-"Why would you ever think that?"

I was confused as to why she thought that.

Isabella-"I feel as if I have been forgotten or neglected. I would at least to know if there was a reason."

She kept her head down. I was going to laugh but kept my laughter in and told her to sit and raise her head. I wasn't trying to sound harsh but it came out like that so I wouldn't laugh at how afraid and small she looked.

Me-"Why do you feel like this?"

She thought for a moment before responding.

Isabella-"I am uncertain as to why I feel like this but I do."

Me-"Could it be that I no longer join you for lunch that these feelings have come?"

I asked her. I was actually quite amused.

Isabella-"...perhaps..."

She was either shy and embarrassed to tell me that it was the reason or she was stubborn to admit it.

I decided to have a little fun with this...

Me-"I ask that you forgive me for stopping. I had come to the conclusion that you would rather eat on your own so you could return to your training."

She looked up at me immediately and looked worried, confused, ashamed, and embarrassed.

I could no longer hold my laughter and made a small chuckle.

Me-"You act surprised that I knew of your actions."

I said with my laugh still at the back of my throat.

She jumped up out of her seat. She then realized what she did and sat back down with her head down in embarrassment.

Me-"I have known from the very beggining. My men are very loyal, in case you haven't noticed."

She continued to look down embarrassed.

Isabella-"Forgive me my King. However, I was the one who asked for the training. Please don't punish others for my mistake."

She said full of regret. Did she think I would punish her or someone else?! WOW!!! Why would she think like this?

Me-"I know it was your request. I have ears everywhere."

I stated the truth but also a lie. I didn't exactly have ears everywhere but only in places I need them, plus, I was at the door when she asked Lilian the maid to train with her.

She looked deep in thought about what I said.

Isabella-"Your Majesty? Why have ears listening to every word I say?"

I answered immediatly; I was actually expecting this question.

Me-"Simple. I don't know you and you could be planning something against my people and I."

I didn't really think that but had to come up with an excuse.

Isabella-"I would never-"

I didn't let her finish that sentence knowing that if I did, this would end horribly.

Me-"I am now aware of your intentions. This was simply a test to see where you stood. I now know. But I still have ears in places for emergancies."

Isabella-"How can I gain your trust to the point I won't have stalkers? What do I need to do to prove my loyalty to you, this country, and...our marriage?"

She whispered the last few words but I was still able to hear what she said. I felt bad for her. She thought she had to prove herself to me to be accepted.

Sooo I just want to say something very important. I will continue to do this story but it will take a lot longer for updates. I'm actually redoing this story. I am starting over and making it better, in my opinion. I will make it flow better and make it actual work. It will hopefully be less confusing and just flow better. Anyways sorry that this chapter is kinda short. I just needed to let you know what I am doing and why I the updates are taking a really, really, really long time. God Bless an hopefully you can read my newer version of The Kidnapped Queen. ❤️❤️Lovie_Dovie_Stories