Chapter 18

~SPECIAL CHAPTERS START HERE!!!!~

JOHNATHON'S POV

I was just in my study learning how to take over the county when my father and mother came in.

Me-"Is everything alright mother and father?" 

I asked rising from my seat.

Father-"Please sit. We have news."

I took my seat back in my chair and watched as my mother looked happy. 

Me-"Is the news beneficial for the kingdom?" 

I asked. I was taught to always put the kingdom before myself. 

Mother-"It will be beneficial to not only the kingdom but you." 

She looked at me with a huge smile plastered on her face. I returned her smile with a questioning look. 

Me-"Where are you going with this?"

Father-"You will be getting married next month to the daughter of King George."

Me-"The one from Canataria?"

They just nodded yes. I sighed and slumped back into my chair. 

They looked excited so I just let them be. 

It has now been a month and I was on my way to Canataria for the wedding. My wedding. I was to return right after, for my coronation. My mother kept smiling the whole way to their kingdom. My father just slept in his seat. 

The carriage ride took the entire day and we arrived at night at the palace. My mother shook my father awake with a huge smile still on her face. I just chuckled at how excited she looked and got out of the carriage. I looked up at the palace and it was much different than ours. It was darker and had less detail than ours. But then again, it is night so I must not be seeing correctly. 

I walked inside and was greeted by guards left and right. King George and his wife met me and my parents at the door and greeted us. 

George-"Please forgive me for not knowing the exact time of your arrival."

Father-"It's is fine my friend. We were not aware of how late we would be arriving. I hope we didn't disrupt your sleep."

George-"No, of course not."

They then both laughed and hugged each other like they were friends and haven't seen each other in years. 

I must've looked puzzled because my mother then explained. 

Mother-"They were good friends back in their childhood. Their parents were also friends so they saw each other often."

I just nodded and my gaze at the two kings hugging and catching up.

We were then led to our bedrooms prepared for us. 

The next day, I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I dressed and made myself presentable. I followed the maids to the dining room for breakfast where I saw the King and Queen sitting with my parents. I made my way to the chair beside my father and sat. My mother and father started talking to my soon-to-be in-laws. I'll never get used to saying that. 

Mother-"So, where is my soon-to-be daughter-in-law?" 

My mother asked the Queen. 

Queen-"Oh, she won't be attending breakfast. She decided that it would be better to keep herself hidden until the wedding."