Chapter 5

Note: Kind of a short chapter, but I wanted to post it. It's been long enough. Anyway, vote and comment and most of all, enjoy ❤️❤️❤️

-

Bonnie POV

"Bekah...you cut your hair," I gasped, fluffing up the ends of Rebekah's freshly chopped blonde strands. "It looks amazing!" I squealed, shocked that she would do something so spontaneous. Whatever Di had done, it worked wonders. "And the fit is gorgeous," I cooed. She giggled and twirled around, showing off her black lace strapless romper. 

"As do you," she sang, pulling me into a twirl of my own. "You must let me pick out your shoes," she insisted.

"What's wrong with the shoes I always wear?" I protested, looking down at the sunny orange kimono minidress I wore. My black sandals would've matched nicely.

"You don't really want me to answer that," she tossed back with a chuckle, digging through her closet. "One word for you, Bennett: heels. From one vertically challenged sister to another, you really must cease with the flats. Besides, you've got incredible legs, show them off. With these," she turned, holding up a rather ornate pair of light brown lace-up sandals with a four-inch wedged heel. 

They were gorgeous and went much better with my dress then my black ones, but I felt a little uneasy about walking in them. "I don't know, Bekah--"

"Come on, Bon. If I, the new town klutz, can waltz about in these," she gestured at the platform-height gladiator sandals on her own feet, "then you'll be fine in these wedges. Now, put these on and meet us downstairs," she grinned, pushing the sandals in my hands before heading downstairs. 

I held them up and studied them once more before sighing and sliding them on. I'd just finished tying one set of laces when a breeze flashed past me. I jerked upright and turned to see Kol smirking at me as his eyes roamed down my figure. "What?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Just admiring the view, darling," he winked. "I was actually looking for our sister," he added, stepping closer. Even with these heels on my feet, he towered over me.

"You just missed her. She's downstairs," I shrugged, fighting to keep my composure as he stepped right in front of me. Kol seemed to enjoy flustering me and for whatever reason, he always used flirting to do it. 

"Of course," he said with a devilish grin, his eyes never wavering from mine. 

He stood there encouraging an awkward silence between us, waiting for me to crack under the weight of his gaze, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. "Well, if you'll excuse me," I huffed, ready to turn and leave as his hand gripped my upper arm and stilled me.

"Your shoe?" he gestured to the one untied heel on my left foot. "Allow me," he smirked again, holding my gaze as he slowly dropped to his knees in front of me. His eyes drifted down, assaulting every curve along the way, and travelled back up as he grabbed the laces. His fingers tickled the sides of my calves as he tied them and I swallowed hard when they trailed up past my knee towards my inner thigh.

"K-Kol," I stammered as he rose back to his feet, gripping my waist and gazing down at me with a familiar glint in his eyes. "Stop, it isn't funny anymore," I hissed, pressing my hands to his chest to push him away. 

"You're the only one who seems to think I'm joking," he said, the smirk dropping from his face. "I want you, Bonnie. I've said as much in no uncertain terms," his voice lowered to a whisper as his face neared mine.

"It doesn't matter," I said weakly. "I-I'm still with Stefan--"

"And where is he right now?" he whispered, his lips brushing against mine. "Hmm?"