🌊/ slight angst / daichi x sugawara

worthless, you're worthless, they don't even need you. Sugawaras thoughts spiraled as he stated at his reflection in the mirror. he saw nothing special, just a second choice, never going to be the starting setter again it seemed. just because kageyama came, he didn't know what made him so upset about it. he watched himself in the mirror, horrible thoughts continuing to surround him as he stared.

ding. Sugas phone went off, taking his attention away from the mirror momentarily, he didn't want to talk to anyone. he checked the contact name, daichi, Sugas heart skipped a beat at the thought of the boys name. pathetic. he picked up his phone and heard a familiarly soft voice on the other end,

"hey suga" daichis voice was soothing to suga, somehow relaxing him out of his upset state.

"hello" suga responded, heart beating fast over his crush on the other boy

"you left your jacket at my house, would you like me to drop it off at your house?"

"sure" suga replied, taking the chance to see the other boy, just purely out of love

"alright i'll be there in 20 ish minutes" daichi said, suga knew if he could he him, he'd be smiling

"alright, bye bye i'll see you soon" suga said, getting a bit distracted by his reflection again.

"buh-bye suga see you soon"

click

suga hung up the phone, completely forgetting about the conversation he just had. staring at himself in the mirror, awful thoughts beginning to swarm him and his eyes glossing over at the thoughts.

worthless. why do you even try anymore. daichi doesn't like you. your team doesn't need you. your family isn't proud of you anymore, what's the point?

tears slipped down his face for the first time in what felt like years. he slid down the wall, head falling into his hands as he whispered to himself.

you're pathetic, what's wrong with you, you self centered, horrible person. you're so selfish. your team doesn't care anymore and you shouldn't either. you, you, why

suga was too caught in his thoughts to hear his phone ring. too caught in his thoughts to hear the knocks on his door, the opening of the door, and the knocking on his bathroom door. he didn't hear daichi call his name, or ask him if he was alright.

"suga?" daichi called out, he came to give suga his jacket, but also to see the boy, daichi was rather fond of suga, and he knew he had feelings for the boy, but thinking they wouldn't be returned kept him from telling the other about his feelings.

(daichis pov)

i knocked, and i knocked again. was he not home? did he lie? is he okay? i knocked a third time, calling his name. what if he's unsafe? he couldn't get mad at me for checking on him right? i dug through my bag to find my spare key to his dorm (a/n idk man) and unlocked his door. suga wasn't on his bed  or in his kitchen, which left his bathroom or being out.

(3rd person again)

daichi walked to the bathroom and knocked lightly.

"suga? are you alright?" daichi asked

he only heard quiet sobs in response to his question.

do i go in? i mean what if he's not safe?

daichi knocked again,

"suga i'm gonna come in" he said, wanting to give some sort of warning

he walked into the bathroom to find a boy on the floor, in tears. daichis heart hurt seeing the boy like this, he usually seemed to be the happy go-lucky type, so seeing him on the floor crying into his hands broke his heart.

"hey hey what's wrong are you okay?" daichi asked, panicked and a bit shocked

sugas state was shaken a bit by the louder voice and he looked up at daichi, eyes welling with tears again at the sight of the other.

"i-i'm sorry you shouldn't have to see me like this you can go" suga stated pushing lightly at the air, not wanting daichi to hate him even more.

daichi leaned down and wrapped his arms around the boy.

suga tensed up at first but relaxed as daichi held him. his fears continued to grow and tears still flowing down his face, or now onto daichis shirt.

"suga what's wrong" daichi asked, concerned for the other boy

"am am i worthless?" suga said, his words slightly muffled by daichis shirt.

"what? what are you talking about, you mean so much to me and the team as well, i mean you're my best friend and u-uhm you mean a lot to me and i care  about you  a-a lot" daichi blushed, not sure if he let it slip or not about it feelings for the other,
"you are an older brother to the underclassmen on the team and you're so special to me and you're such an important part of the team and i just, really really care for you"

"re-really?" suga said, tears slowing, but still falling onto the other's shirt

"yes really there's no use in lying to you about this" daichi replied, hugging the boy close to his chest, and then noticing how hard he was hugging him and backing off slightly.

sugas thoughts slowed and he sighed, tired and getting drowsy in the others arms.

he drifted to sleep and daichi looked at the boy he had in hid arms, perfect he thought. he picked suga up, causing suga to wake up a bit, but daichi was unaware the other could register the mumbles coming from the captain,

"i dont jnow how to tell him, come on daichi you might as well get it over with, he probably wont hate you i guess i mean. i dont know." daichi walked to sugas bed and placed him there "youre so perfect, i love you, suga" he said, still unknowing to the fact the smaller could hear him

"i love you too daichi" suga whispered