Ch 9 The Grimm Horde

Y/N POV

I wake up to Yang rocking me. I get up and follow the others to a giant hole in the ground with Ruby's scythe laying next to it.

Oobleck: "How could I have been so stupid?"

Yang: "Dr. Oobleck, what's wrong?"

Oobleck: "An expansion fail that was inevitably destroyed by creatures grimm, previously home to thousands of people working people commuting to the city. The main city developed a subway system to the inner city groups, attacks increase population in danger not just really searching for shelter city evacuates into metro tunnels. Oh, what do they find? The south east quadrant of Vale is known for wild force and deep caves duh."

Yang: "What're you saying?"

Oobleck: "My dear, we're not just looking for an underground crime network. We're looking for an UNDERGROUND crime network."

Blake: "They've been working in caves?"

Oobleck: "No no, mountain Glen was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time, thanks to impressive perimeter defense and unique transportation. The city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main kingdom. Sadly without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders mountain Glen was doomed from the start. As the engineer the citizens of the territory made one last attempt at survival; they took up shelter beneath the city in the massive caves that they had cleared out for the subway and they had cut themselves off from the surface."

Yang: "An underground village?"

Oobleck: "In a matter of speaking yes. A safe haven until an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern filled with subterranean grimm. After that the kingdom officially sealed off the tunnels creating the world's largest tomb. If Ruby is down there, we must find her."

I jump down the hole and use my wings to slow down enough to land safely. I draw my sword and run down the tunnel until I come to this station like area with a train. I spot Ruby and run to free her. I cut her binds when the train starts moving. We hop aboard and ride the train down the track when the car we are on decouples and starts pulling away. We hop to the next car as the previous one blows up.

The next car starts to do the same thing when I head inside the car and make my way to the front of the train. I make it to the front only to have the train rumble and ram through the streets of Vale. I exit the train and ready my sword; I run to a horde of Grimm and cut them all down. I limbo under a lunging Beowolf. I hold my sword up and cut it right down the middle; I deploy my shield and block a Ursa's downward paw.

I push it back and cleave it in half; I pivot and ram my sword into a Beowolf's skull. An attack hits my back and knocks my sword out of my hand. I aim my crossbow at the Alpha Beowolf but it dodges. I lower my crossbow and activate my semblance; I punch the Alpha Beowolf in the face and it swipes at my chest. I kick it back but it recovers and charges at me. It swings its claws at me but luckily my collar takes the damage and allows to grab its face. I then squeeze with all of my might and crush it.

I look around to see a Deathstalker making its way to me. I run to it and uppercut it into the air. I jump after it and pile drive it into the ground killing it. I look around to see the horde of Grimm have been taken care of and things are finally dieing down. I deactivate my semblance, collect my sword and ride a bullhead back to Beacon to rest for the day.