Ch 2 Armed

Y/N POV

Lucille: "I love... you."

I watch as she slowly passes on to the next life as I cry and hold her close. She then turns to smoke and I find myself all alone. I then see a bright light in front of me and for some reason I walk towards it. When I get close I jolt upwards and see that I'm in a room; I get up of the bed and look around when the door to the room opens. I see a woman with tan skin and blonde hair walk in with a tray of food in her hands.

Y/N: "Where am I? Who are you?"

Robyn: "My name is Robyn Hill and you are at my base."

Y/N: "How did I end up here?"

Robyn: "I was driving with some friends and we found you passed out in the snow. We then loaded you up and brought you here so you could recover."

She sets the tray of food down and I gingerly grab the sandwich on it.

Robyn: "Why were you laying in the snow?"

Y/N: *swallows bite* "I was escaping the Schnee Dust Mine."

Robyn: "I heard there was a uprising, were you the one to lead it?"

Y/N: "Yes, they were hurting my friend so I snapped and killed one of the overseers. What happened after?"

Robyn: "The cops were called and the entire mine was temporarily closed. No new updates have been released."

Y/N: "How long was I out?"

Robyn: "About a week."

Y/N: "I see."

I finish my sandwich and prepare to leave.

Y/N: "Well miss Robyn, I thank you for your hospitality, but I'll get out of your hair."

Robyn: "You won't survive out there."

Y/N: "Why?"

Robyn: "First and foremost, you have no weapon. Second, I take it you don't have a semblance."

Y/N: "What's a semblance?"

Robyn: "My point exactly. Finally."

She walks near me and shoves me which pushes me slightly back.

Robyn: "You lack proper combat training. This world is rough, if you want to make it, you've got to hold your own."

Y/N: "Teach me."

And so over the course of a year I learned a wide variety of things. Those things ranged from hand to hand combat to gunmanship. I picked up on it pretty quickly and within the first three months I was moved to advanced classes. I also learned to hone my Faunus skills from a lamb Faunus. She taught me that because of what I am I can use my heightened senses to study a enemy during combat.

For example my keen senses of hearing and smell will aid me in fighting should my eyes ever fail me. Once the year was up I walk with Robyn to wherever she is leading me. We arrive at a little workshop area and stop at a counter.

Y/N: "What are we doing here?"

Robyn: "I have taught you all you need to know to survive, now it's time for you to get a weapon."

Vendor: "What kind did you have in mind?"

Y/N: "I want a sword."

Vendor: "That's it?"

Y/N: "I just feel more comfortable with a sword."

Vendor: "Wait here."

He walks away and some time later he comes back with a sword and shield.

Y/N: "I only asked for a sword."

Vendor: "And I'm giving you a shield as well, so don't complain and just accept it."

I sigh and strap the sword to my hip while I look at the shield trying to figure out where to carry it.

Vendor: "It collapses, just flick it."

I heed his words and flick which makes it fold up into a smaller form. I put on the straps and it fits over my forearm.

Vendor: "When collapsed it deploys a crossbow for ranged combat. To activate it just hold your arm out."

Once again I do what he says and a crossbow pops out from where my wrist is. I lower my arm and the crossbow retreats back into the shield.

Y/N: "I thank you for the weapons."

Vendor: "Just use them right."

We walk away and I am then lead to a bullhead.

Y/N: "Are we going somewhere?"

Robyn: "You are."

Y/N: "Huh?"

Robyn: "I taught you a lot, but there are still some things you need learn. The place this bullhead is heading will teach you what you still need to learn."

Y/N: "Thank you, for teaching me."

Robyn: *smiles* "Don't worry about it."

She wraps me in a hug which catches me off guard. She then lays her head on my chest.

Y/N: "Why are you hugging me?"

Robyn: "Because I view you as the son I never had and will miss you."

Y/N: *hugs back* "I'll miss you too."

We break the hug and I board the bullhead. I take my seat with the bullhead taking off; I lay on my back and decide to sleep since who knows how long it will take to reach whatever the destination is.

A/N: If you are curious in what your shield looks like, just look up Kratos' shield from god of war 4