Parker

I've always done everything right.

I've treated everyone the way I wanted to be treated, and yet they still take advantage of my kindness.

My coworkers always dump their workload on my desk because they know I'm too kind to say no and that I'll do it for them. Do they say thank you? Nope.

Meanwhile, they are the ones who get praised for the work that I do meanwhile i get looked over.

Why am I like this? Why can't I be brave?

My boss is a trust fund baby. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, and his father gave him control of the Huntington Graphic Design Corporation even though the guy has no clue how to run a business.

There should be a requirement that the heir has to go to school or something because this man is clueless when it comes to anything business-related. He is more of a glorified toddler than an actual businessman.

Of course, I am his assistant, so naturally, I do what I can to help, and by that, I mean I do his job along with the work of my coworkers. I'm basically the one running this company at this point.

I want to say that it's because he makes me do his work, but that would be a lie. He's a handsome man. He's stupid, so stupid, like one of the stupidest men i have ever met in my entire life, but he's handsome. His eyes are handsome, his smile is handsome, and whoever makes his suits knows how to perfectly show off his handsome body.

He does flirt with me, but I never entertained his advances because I knew that in my heart, even those he was an asshole; I could never cheat on Asher. I may look at my boss, I may have a few not safe for work thoughts, but touching him and flirting with him is cheating and that's one thing I am not. I am not a cheater.

Now thinking back, Maybe I should have accepted his advances. I could have at least gotten a few free meals.

 At least maybe then I wouldn't be so damn heartbroken right now.

Last week Asher broke up with me and said he was moving out.

I should have expected it. I tried so damn hard to make him happy, and he claims that he loves me, but for the past 5 years, he's been keeping me hidden. His parents think we're just roommates, and that he's a saint for letting his "down on his luck" college classmate live with him.

They set him up on blind dates because he's a famous lawyer and they don't want their son to be single. if only they knew.

His mother stops by here sometimes when Asher is out and she talks about how she hopes her son finds the one and that he will settle down and make babies. She has even offered to pay for any moving expenses of mine if that were to happen. 

Even though her words break my heart over and over, I absolutely adore Asher's mother. She is sweet and kind. 

I was okay being his secret so long as he didn't cheat on me. But one a month ago he had come home with a hickey on his left collar bone and he also smelled like soap. A scent that we don't have here. But I had still refused to believe it. 

I was so fucking stupid. I can't even remember the last time Asher even touched meSo i know that the mark on his collar bone did not come from me.

When he broke up with me, He said that he still loved me, but also said hoe he doesn't want to disappoint his parents. He even had the audacity to tell me that I was overreacting when I broke down crying on the kitchen floor after he admitted to having the affair that i pretended was just my imagination.

Meanwhile, for the past 5 years, I did whatever I could to make him happy, but he clearly didn't care about my feelings.

Just like everyone at work, Asher dumped files on my desk at our home office because he was too tired to do the work. Like the loving boyfriend, I am, Well was, I typed up most of his dispositions and did his filing because he worked hard and I loved him.