Ethan

Parker Ferris.

The Parker Ferris. On the same flight as me. What are the odds?

I thought about this guy ever since I broke up with him. I still kick myself for doing that. Breaking up with his has been my biggest fucking regret. My own mother gave me an earful when i told her about what i did. 

He was my first boyfriend. We lost our virginity to each other when we were 16.

At one point, I thought I was going to marry the man, but when I turned 20, I saw a commercial on tv.

It was for the US Army, and something in me just knew it was my calling.

When I told Parker, he cried but supported my decision.

After I finished my basic training and went on to specialized schooling for my job, I realized I was holding him back.

In the letters he wrote to me during basic, he talked about how he'll follow me anywhere.

As much as I loved how willing he was to give up his dreams so that I can have mine, I couldn't let that happen.

So I broke up with him. I've never felt my heart shatter before, and I hated that I was the reason he was crying.

I came back a few months later when I had leave. I planned on getting back with him, but on my way to his house, I saw him at a cafe.

He looked happy. So damn happy. Then a guy with two drinks sat down, and they kissed.

What did I expect? I broke up with him over the phone, and I didn't even reach out to him when his dad died. Of course, he was bound to move on.

But he was here. At the airport and of course I had to talk to him. He didn't age a day. He still had that beautiful innocence about him. How a man like him could look so innocent and do half of the things we did when we were dating is beyond me.

When the flight attendant at the gate called for main cabin passengers, I got up from my seat. Parker was the first person to board the plane, so he was most likely in first class.

When I booked this flight, I bought the cheapest ticket. Had I known I would be meeting Parker, I would have spent the extra money to get to first class.

When it was my turn for her to scan my ticket, she looked puzzled

"Is there a problem?" I asked

"It seems your ticket has been upgraded to first-class premier plus. Once the rest of the main cabin passengers board the plane, I'll take you to your room," she said

"My room? This is an airplane, not a hotel" I laughed

"Yes, it is sir, but German Elite airlines offers 4 traveling classes. Those flying in First class Premier plus travel in their own room. It has a tv, 2 seats which you need to be in during lift-off a luxury sofa that pulls out into a full-size bed, and a private full-size bathroom with a standing shower. There's complimentary wine, and meals are also included." She explained

"Can you tell me who upgraded my ticket?" I asked.

Whenever i was in my uniform there was always at least one good samaritan that did something kind for me. sometimes it was paying for my meals, other times it would be letting me go ahead of them at a check-out line. this was an expensive gesture and i at the very least wanted to thank them. 

"Oh yes, the gentleman left a note. Here you go sir."

Long time no see. Enjoy the flight. Also, the room is soundproof, so no one will hear what you and Parker do.