willow?

falling-

night changes - one direction

after alex and reggie were left in the school, they poofed to the only place they could think of.

the studio.

the two of them appeared sitting side by side on the couch, as luke paces back and forth in front of them.

"i think he's practicing his model strut." reggie whispers to alex.

alex whispers back, "he looks so nervous, he's almost making me nervous."

reggie nods his head, "he looks kinda sad."

luke puts his hands on either sides of his head and turns towards his friends, "ok, look, do you guys not realize what julie just said?"

alex and reggie look at him confused, not saying anything.

"willow." luke says, his voice cracking in the process.

"yeah, julie met a ghost named willow, we know." reggie says, completely clueless.

luke points to himself, "my willow."

"how do you know it's her? it could just be another willow." alex says, attempting to calm the boy down.

"how many people do you know that are named willow? and maybe when i got those shivers at the beach, maybe she was there. but why wouldn't she talk to me? what if-"

alex interrupts his rambling, "dude. chill. it's gonna be alright."

"well what if it's not? hmm? what if i never see her again? i never even got to say goodbye." luke says as his eyes start to water.

reggie walks over to him and rubs his back, "hey dude, it's ok. if it is her, you'll see her again, i know you will. it might take time, but that's alright."

"well if that's done and over with, i say we invite julie to join sunset curve." alex says.

"yeah, totally. i mean, like, think about it. with a new lead singer, this band would be legendary." reggie goes on as luke begins to pace again.

"and we're on the runway again." alex says, pointing to luke.

"ok, i'm sorry, all right? i just... i gotta go clear my head." he says, walking towards the door.

luke begins to try and open the door with his hand, failing every time.

"dude, you're a ghost. just poof out." reggie tells him.

"don't tell me how to ghost!" luke shouts, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

the two others stare at him with wide eyes as luke breaths in and poofs out.

"ya know, i'm gonna clear my head too." alex tells reggie.

he poofs out, leaving reggie by himself.

•••

after hearing the name 'willow', luke wasn't sure how to feel.

he knew alex may be right, and that it might not be the same girl.

but for some reason, luke had a feeling it was the girl.

the girl who confused his feelings.

but if it was her,

what would he say?

would they talk?

how would she react?

they left off on a bad note, so what if she doesn't even want to see him?

all these thoughts consumed his mind as he walked into their favorite place.

beachwood cafe.

while him and willow were alive, they would go there after school and drink coffee, talk, anything the two felt like doing.

he entered the cafe, looking around at how it was the exact same.

sure maybe a fresh coat of paint here and there, but the colors, walls, even some of the seats were the exact same.

he spotted the booth the two would always sit in, only for it to be occupied.

there was a girl with long blonde hair sitting with her head down.

he thought she looked familiar, but brushed it off.

since the boy was a ghost, he didn't think twice about sitting across from her.

he slid into the booth, looking down at the top of the girls head.

after about a second, the blonde slowly lifted her head up to look at the boy.

"willow?"