ONE.

[cause after tonight, everything changes]

now or never - julie and the phantoms cast

hollywood
1995

"one, two, three! take off, last stop, countdown till we blast open the top,"

this was it. the night sunset curve performed at the orpheum. the moment they've worked for, their entire lives.

"face first, full charge, electric hammer to the heart,"

sunset curve, a band of which consisted of four teenage boys, was about to rock out in front of a packed orpheum, filled with record execs.

"clocks move faster, cause it's all we're after now, oh. won't stop climbing cause this is our time, yeah. when all the days felt black and white, those were the best shades of my life!"

the band was currently doing a sound check, jamming out their song: now or never.

"don't look down, cause we're still rising up right now, and even if we hit the ground, we'll still fly. keep dreaming like we'll live forever, but live it likes it's now or never"

the lights, the crowd (that wasn't quite there yet), everything just made it feel so surreal to the four boys. they were all best friends, helping each other get to the top, one song at a time.

there was alex, who played drums, reggie, who played bass, bobby, the bands rhythm guitarist, and luke, lead singer and guitarist.

the group of boys had practically risked their lives to get here, but they weren't gonna stop now.

"keep dreaming like we'll live forever, but live it likes it now or never. it's now or never."

they finish their sound check, the few bartenders cheering them on as they catch their breathes; however, one girl working catches their attention.

"thank you! we're sunset curve!" reggie exclaims to the 'audience' with a wink.

"too bad we wasted that on the sound check, that was the tightest we've ever played." bobby groans, bending his arm to hit luke's.

"wait until tonight, man, when this place gets packed with record execs." luke emphasizes, looking out into where the audience will be.