The Witch Knight Part 1

Chapter 36

Once upon a time, there was a witch and a king's knight who met inside the palace.

Even before Alyssa regained consciousness, I left her room. I left a short kiss on her forehead as a sign of goodbye, then I decided to just go down through the fire exit.

Based on what happened earlier, I discovered that my simple words can mean a lot to a lost soul like Allyssa. A lost soul like her, wandering around, not immediately caught by the grim reapers. However, I could not help but be nervous about what happened. Allyssa must be dead because the grim reaper who supposedly reapped her soul was just looking for her. But what I did was return her soul instead of taking it as a living grim reaper.

I stopped going down the stairs at that thought.

Is that why the woman Allyssa calls "Madam Matilda" said that?

Look at that. A grim reaper and a guardian of the soul? What kind of nonsense is this? Your God must have been bored to make such nonsense. "

I still remember what she said, and it never left my mind. If so, that's why the lost soul thought that I and Saint set up was non-sense and ridicule.

That is when I started walking again.

I'm a guardian of souls, and I must help souls be given another chance to live. But according to the contract I signed with Saint, I am now a living reaper with the responsibility of capturing souls.

At that moment, I was stopped again. There came into my mind an idea I had never thought of before.

"It was a protocol. I have to make a contract to use his body without violating any rules of the Death Ministry. It is forbidden for Grim Reapers to use any dead human body to maintain the balance of the world. So, I have to make a contract to include that in my report, which was approved by the almighty. "

That was one of the words I heard from Saint, and I can't help but think about it again now.

Because of that, my swallowing continued. For a while, I clung to the railings of the stairs to support my body and ensure I wouldn't fall.

What if, just as Saint manipulated things to use Albus' body, he did the same to me? He's the grim reaper who should pick me up, but he can't do that because I am a guardian of the soul. The role of grim reapers is to take souls to be sent to the afterlife. And while he could not think of a way to release me from this body, he chose to sign me a contract so that he would not have any trouble with me. Besides that, that is a big advantage for him because, in that way, he can monitor my movements without me bothering him because of my ability to give new life to people who should have passed away.

At that point, my whole body immediately went cold. My hand did not fail to almost tremble at the realization I just now realized.

Why at first did I not think of it? Why just now?

"Don't believe him; he's a liar."

"Enough!"

"Why, you foolish Archangel! Do you think you can still return when you enslave God? No way! You can never return, for you shall perish—"

At that moment, I seemed to be slowly patching everything together. "Archangel."

I let go of that word for a moment, and that's when I remembered about that word. An archangel was a powerful angel.

So, does this mean Saint is an angel, and he is doing everything now just so he can get back? That got to the point where he signed me a contract so that he could do everything properly.

Something in my chest seemed to hurt as a result of the realization. I tried to grab some air to calm myself down, but it seemed like something suddenly stopped there. Until my foot completely couldn't stand it, so I fell.

Now, I realize Saint's motive, and I do not know why I am not happy but hurt at the realization.

Maybe it's because I already have feelings for him. I hope he does everything just to be with me. Now the world has slapped me with the fact that we cannot be together. Something I've never forgotten since the beginning.

I was hurt, but I did not cry. Perhaps in my heart, I was expecting this thing as well. I was in pain, but all I could do was sit down and take a deep breath so that even in that way, I could calm myself.

But when I noticed that the light below was starting to fade, my forehead frowned. It was accompanied by a loud footstep. The fire exit cooled down, although it was not windy. The reason why I suddenly felt something wrong.

What the hell?

They happened to bump into each other on the ball. They dance in the middle and talk like there is no tomorrow.

I M _ V E N A