The Witch Knight Part 2

Chapter 37

But the knight was already engaged to the king's sister. So the witch decided to forget the prince and move on.

At first, I watched the lights down below to be sure what was happening there. But I let out a loud mumble as the footsteps and loss of light went up towards me.

"Guardian of Soul!" A terrifying shout soared across the fire exit, and from where I was, I saw a terrifying creature. A male soul with a large body. It had a knife stabbed in the neck as his head was tilted and blood was dripping down to the floor. His eyes are black and honestly glaring. He looked at me with a mischievous smile. That caused me to get up quickly and run uphill. I was about to go back to the 7th floor, but all the doors were closed.

"Shit!" I tried to open the door, but no matter how hard I tried, it seemed to be locked from the outside, so I could do nothing but run upstairs.

"Do not trust too much; the world of the afterlife is more cunning than the world of humans. Many souls like me want to return to the world. I do not want that to happen."

For some reason, Allysa's words came back to my mind. I would not be surprised if this soul felt my presence because I helped Allysa earlier. He is one of the few who wants to return to the world, and I am what they need to return to.

Although I am a living reaper in the contract, I am not as strong as Saint or any grim reaper. I can't fight him.

This time it was there that I realized the reason for the sixth commandment in the contract. It says there that I have to fight. This is what that means.

But how? I can think of no other way now than to run. And that was all I did.

"Guardian of the soul!" Its groan has become more audible.

"Jesus Christ!" I ran uphill and did not care if I almost stumbled or my face sank into the stairs. Now I regret that I chose to walk down here at the fire exit even though there is an elevator.

Damn it!

I ran as far as I could until I reached the rooftop. I hurried out of there, hoping there was a way to escape or maybe just hide. But I could only close my eyes when I felt the strong presence of the greed soul. He was already behind me, and he no doubt pushed my body towards the edge of the rooftop. There, he floated me while strangling my neck from behind.

At that moment, my whole body trembled. From where I stand, I can see the whole of Manila. The city lights are shining. At some point, maybe I will be amazed at that, but at these times, my soul seems to escape this body. Suddenly, my eyes dimmed with fear. At the same time, one by one, tears fell with fear.

I do not know, but this time I felt scared. I was afraid of falling and dying a second time. When I didn't see Saint again, I was afraid to leave this body.For the first time, I was scared to death.

"This body is mine. You are mine. " My ears were filled with repeated whispers of a greedy soul. Something that gives me horror. "You are mine. You are mine. " My trembling got worse when he started to laugh.

There I clenched my fist and planned to ask Saint for help, but the greedy soul spoke again.

"I can smell the scent of grim reapers. He seems to be celebrating you. " My crying intensified when I felt him lick my earlobe. Even so, the tremors did not subside. "Saint is avoided. He is a thorny and righteous grim reaper. I did not expect that someone like him would fuck with a guardian of the soul. " When I seemed to feel him kissing my neck, that's when I shouted.

"Saint!" I shouted that for help. And I was not disappointed. In a flash, he came to save me.

All the lights went out all over Manila, along with his strong presence behind us. When I looked at it, Saint was there, wearing no top and carrying his sword, which was now on fire again. Even his eyes were on fire with anger when our eyes met.

"Help me, Saint," I said softly. At the same time, my tears flowed again. And it seems to be one of the signals for Saint to scramble the greedy soul.

But the greedy soul was smart. He immediately let go of me, which caused me to quickly fall. However, I saw how Saint slashed the body of the greedy soul before jumping after me.

I could no longer scream when I saw how little by little Saint's white and large wings came out. He is chasing me, and all he wants to do is save me. But now my sinking is out of my mind. All I could think of was how beautiful it was to see Saint with his wings and how bright he was in my sight with the help of the bright and big moon.

Soon he reached me and caught me. With his wings, he flew up again, at the same time turning on all the city lights below.

At that point, I could not believe I was staring at Saint as my arm was wrapped around his neck. I was shocked by what happened and could not yet tell the grim reaper who saved me.

But only one word came out of my mouth. Something I had not prepared for and thought about.

"I love you."

In the end, they both live happily without each other. Remembering their one encounter

The End!

If the story if I and Saint end up tragically like the children's story The Witch Knight, I would gradually take the chance to be with him for a while. Because love is more than just being with your love once in your life; it is also a deep internal love for someone who has eluded you.

I M _ V E N A