6

Kenji has been gone for 3 days now, and I kind of miss him. He's hardly texted me, but I don't want to start more conversations because I know he has to study.

"Okay, so next week we get our results." Sakusa says once we get into his car again.

"I still can't believe you're this much of a germaphobe." I say as I put my seatbelt on.

After my classes, Sakusa came to my house and brought me food. We hung out for a while and then he drove us to go get STD tested.

I'm pretty sure I'd know if I was itching and burning down there.

"It's just to be safe. But if I come out positive I will kill you." He gives me a look before beginning to drive.

"Get in line." I snort. "You're not the only man in my life who will hurt me if I piss them off." I laugh, looking out the window.

He doesn't respond. I look over at him just as he's taking off his mask with one hand. He looks a bit irritated.

"Come on, it was a joke. You're supposed to laugh." I say and he lets out a breath.

"That was a bad joke. I refuse to laugh at something like that." He says. "Forget I said that. You know I'd never hurt you, right? I was joking too."

I look away, leaning back in my seat.

"Keiko-San...you do know that I wouldn't hurt you, right?" He asks again.

"Kenji-Kun used to say that too." I say quietly.

"Yeah? Well I'm not that abusive asshole. I would never touch a woman like that in my life." He scoffs.

A frown comes over my face and I look at him.

"Don't talk about him like that." I say.

We come to a red light, and Sakusa turns his body to me. I gulp as he narrows his eyes.

"You're seriously going to defend him? I just called him what he is."

"He's my fiancé, Sakusa-San." I say, making him go quiet.

He blinks at me, shaking his head and sitting correctly in his seat again just as the light turns green.

My mouth runs dry as I turn my gaze away from him. Why do I feel like I've offended him? I hope that's not the case.

But then again, what does he have to be offended about?

The drive to where he practices takes about half an hour. During that time, we say very little to each other. Once we arrive though, I look at the gym in awe.

This is cool! I'm getting excited again.

"We have to go to the club room first. The practice doesn't start for another half hour or so. You can wait in there with us." Sakusa says, locking the car once we get out.

"Mmkay." I grin, trailing behind him. I shove my hands into the pocket of my sweater, having to take fast steps to keep up with Sakusa's pace.

We go to the second story of the building next to the gym, and Sakusa pushes open the door to a room. You can already hear the loud voices of multiple men from outside, but once the door opens up it's almost unbearable.

"Cut it out. You guys all look stupid." Sakusa immediately says, standing in the doorway. "Put on your shirts. I have someone with me."

"Someone with you? Who is it?" Someone calls.

I freeze, thinking for a moment. I touch my back pockets, my front pockets, then the pocket of my sweater.

"Sakusa-Kun, I left my phone in your car." I tell him, frowning.