13

"I'm so angry. God, I'm fucking pissed!" Kenji growls, pacing back and forward in front of me.

"It's fine, it's my fault." I scratch the back of my head awkwardly.

"I don't give a shit about who's fault it is, Misaki! Who the fuck does she think she is putting her hands on you?" He seethes.

It's the day after I watched the MSBY Black Jackals play against the Schweiden Adlers. I ended up spending the night at my own house, so this is the first time Kenji is seeing me with the new wounds that got added to my body.

I sigh out loud, thinking of last nights events.

"That was really good! I'm so full!" Bokuto beams as we walk out of the restaurant.

"Yes, the food was delicious. Thank you for inviting us to have dinner with the two of you." Akaashi adds, smiling at Sakusa and then me.

After the game, Sakusa had suggested that we go get dinner- his treat due to it being my birthday the day prior. I didn't really want to make a fuss about it, but he insisted.

He then proceeded to ask Bokuto and Akaashi to come with us, claiming that he seen Akaashi and I getting along during the game.

"Thank you for coming." Sakusa says.

"Happy birthday Keiko-San! So you're 22 huh? Man, it must feel great to be so young!" Bokuto laughs.

Akaashi sends him a look, a warm smile spreading across his features.

"You're only two years apart, Kōtarō. You're also young."

Before Bokuto gets the chance to respond, a voice laced with nothing but venom cuts through the air.

"Hey, bestie."

I look up to see Nakai waving at me with a sickly grin on her face. My eyebrows tug down, remembering the lies she made up and told Kenji about.

"We are no longer friends. Don't call me that." I inform her.

At this, the three boys I just had dinner with all slowly back away from us.

"I see you're still whoring around. This time you've got 3 men to take to bed? Poor Takuya-Kun. What would he think?" She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest.

I don't really understand. She was supposed to be my best friend, why all of a sudden did she turn on me?

"Takuya-Kun doesn't need a worthless bitch like you. I don't even know what he sees in you. Break up with him already- he deserves way better and you know it." Nakai's eyes narrow at me, I see her move her arms back to her sides and clench her fists.

Her eyes feel like they're burning holes into me. She slowly begins to take steps forward, and the corners of my lips pull up.

"Oh, I get it." I laugh dryly. "You like Kenji. That's why you always got upset when I would tell you that we're on good terms again. I thought you were just a concerned friend- but it turns out you're just a bitter bitch that thinks she can pull someone else's fiancé."

She absolutely fumes at this, quickly winding her hand back and slapping me across my cheek.

Usually, I'm never in a position to fight back. Well, given that the only person who hits me is Kenji.

But this isn't Kenji. I can actually fight back this time.

Ignoring the concerned murmurs of the boys voices behind me, I grab the front of Nakai's shirt and punch her as hard as I can at the moment.