His Parents

"Kiyoomi." I quickly grab his hand before he knocks on the door.

He looks down at me curiously. Once he meets my eyes his features soften.

"It's okay." He takes me into his arms, careful not to squish the basket I had made and filled with all the things he said his parents liked. "They'll love you, okay? I'm sure of it."

I close my eyes tightly, burying my face in his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure they're lovely." I sigh, pulling away and feeling much calmer now.

He smiles, kissing my forehead and rubbing my back for a minute before I decide I'm ready.

~

There was absolutely nothing to be so worked up about. Sakusa's family was amazing. His brother and wife were there, his sister and her husband, his parents, and Komori as well as his siblings and parents.

None of them have the same qualities as Sakusa. They're loud, outgoing, extremely friendly and welcomed me with open arms almost immediately.

They were all quite shocked that Sakusa had brought a girl home- well except Komori and Sakusa's brother. When he said he was bringing someone they all thought it was a teammate or something.

Dinner with them was nice, though Sakusa was quiet most of the time unless his family prodded him to answer questions about us. The infamous 'how did you two meet' came up, and Sakusa smoothly just answered that we met at a small get together.

"So," Sakusa speaks up- and instantly all attention is on him.

The table had been cleared already, and we're all sipping on a glass of wine at the dinner table now. I'm so grateful because I'm still sore from yesterday and I don't know how I'd survive if I had to stand.

"How would you guys feel if Keiko-San and I got married?"

The silence that follows Sakusa's question pierces through the air. Even I look up at him a bit shocked, my cheeks flushed.

I didn't think he'd bring that up now. I slip my hand onto his thigh, and he laces our fingers together under the table.

"You two have only been dating for a few months, right...?" His father blinks.

"But they've known each other for longer than that!" Komori quickly perks up.

I give Sakusa's hand a light squeeze, but he doesn't look at me.

"I don't plan on getting married this year. But I do plan on marrying her." Sakusa clarifies, rubbing circles into the back of my hand.

"I think you're a bit too young. Marriage isn't something to take lightly. You want to be sure before you make a commitment like that." His mother raises an eyebrow.

"My parents are the last people I should be taking marriage advice from." Sakusa rolls his eyes.

My eyes widen and I look up at him again. For another time it's silent, and I put my other hand on top of our intertwined ones, setting them in my lap.

"For what it's worth...I think Keiko-San is the perfect match for Kiyoomi. He's changed a lot since he met her. They're both very good to each other." Komori gulps, trying to lighten the mood.

I send a grateful look his way.

"I also believe that those two kids are good for each other. I wouldn't oppose to their decision." Sakusa's brother smiles at the both of us and I sigh in relief.

At least there's two people on our side here- and they're the only ones who know me.

"I see. Well, you're an adult now Kiyoomi. You can make your own decisions." His mother purses her lips.