𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

7:36 am
May 31, 1996

"Oh come on Estelle, one more class."

No.

I was done with this year. Probably one of the hardest school years of my life. It had chewed me up and spit me out. I was always in detention, so I considered this year was my breaking point. Nothing interested me anymore. Feeling as if everyone else around you was having the time of their lives while you were just there as a side character was the worst. The thing I could do to make me feel most alive was breaking the rules, and of course my boyfriend didn't approve of it. I had been the life of the party in years before, and I believe that what broke me was our new professor. Umbridge. Oh my, was I on her bad side. I was a constant troublemaker in her class. Pansy and I were always playing nasty pranks on her, just to get a laugh. But thank god the year is over, I'm ready for some fun.

I had one class left, still, I was dreading it. Pansy urged me to drag my ass out of bed to attend, but I was fully sold on skipping.

"Pansy, I told you. I'm not fucking going." I groaned into my pillow.

"It's one class. Who cares what they teach? It's not like you have to pay attention, it's the end of the year anyway." She left my dorm and slammed the door, hoping it would alarm me to wake up.

Eventually, I did end up dragging myself out of bed. My mirror greeted me as I stood in front of it, staring at myself. Even though this year was awful, I sure still looked flawless. I admired my long, black, wavy hair that brought out my icy blue eyes and tan skin that held in the purest blood among many wizarding families. My body was perfect in my eyes. Due to the stress of this year, I never took the time to admire my new features after I had matured. My daze over myself soon ended, and I yanked on my uniform and dragged myself to the very last class of the year.

As I entered the class, I went and sat with my friends, Blaise and Pansy. My smile creeped onto my face as I saw those rotten dumbasses messing around in the corner of the class. "What's up fuckers?" I yelped as I sat down with both of them.

Ron stared at me from across the classroom. I could tell that he envied Blaise. Ron was the type of boyfriend who absolutely refused to see me with a single other guy, no matter what they were doing. Them speaking a word to me made Ron think they were trying to fuck me. Nothing frustrated me more than him acting this way. I just shot Ron a look from across the room and went back to my conversation with my friends.

"So, Estelle. The last common room party of the year. How do you feel?" Blaise snickered.

"We're going to be absolutely wasted. Nothing's holding me back. Which house's common room?" I replied.

"Oh, just ours. No way we were letting the Gryffindorks have it this year."

I think Ron overheard Blaise say this, because he immediately shot me a look of disbelief. Of course he thought we were talking about him, what else was new?

As Snape marched into class, we all immediately adjusted to where we looked at least half focused on what he was about to say to us. Blaise, Pansy, and I were all not about to pay a single bit of attention to what was going on. This class, Snape went on and on about the past year, our successes, our failures, and the years to come. Every word Snape had said went in one of my ears and out the other. I was alarmed to hear the door open and slam, and so was Snape. His eyes widened, and immediately he looked infuriated. I turned around to see none other than Draco Malfoy strutting into class, late of course. Fucking prick.

I've grown up around Draco, but we've never really been what you could call "friends" ever since we started at Hogwarts. We used to be super close when we were younger, but he just turned into a complete and utter asshole in second year. I live on an estate built around a woods in London, and he has lived right next to me my whole life. Our parents are close friends, so that's why I've known him my entire life. I've never really noticed him though, he's always been somewhat of a side character in my life. He never really hungout with me, Pans, and Blaise. He just hangs out with his two little minions, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Mr. Malfoy? Any excuse as to why you've shown up late today?" Snape mumbled sternly.

"Overslept." Draco shot back, collapsing into his chair next to Crabbe and Goyle.

Blaise shook his head and let out a chuckle, trying to hide it some so Malfoy wouldn't beat his ass like he did best.

Soon enough, the class was over. I wished it away like I did the whole year, looking forward to every classes end. Blaise, Pansy, and I erupted out of our chairs as soon as class ended and flooded the halls with the rest of the students. My smile stayed glued onto my face as my friends and I plowed through the halls, eager to begin the common room party. All of a sudden, I felt a familiar tug on my shirt. Oh, it was Ron. Of course.

"Estelle," He said sternly, "Zabini? Really? You guys were talking shit weren't you."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "No! Ron. Actually, we were talking about the common room party tonight. For the end of the year?"

"That you most certainly will not be attending." Ron boomed.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Oh really? Oh please, Ron. If you're that insecure, just come to the damn party. You might have fun, and you could bring Harry?" I recommended.

"Fine. But you're not going without me. No way." Ron said as he stormed away.

Blaise and Pansy snickered behind me and I turned around quickly. I bursted out in laughter as well.

"Weasley holds you back from everything." Pansy laughed nudging Blaise. "Come on, let's go back to the dorms."