𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫-𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲

I turned to the dreadful sight of my son situated desperately on the ground with the girl that I knew he had always loved, lifeless in his arms.

My cold heart rattled with compassion towards the Armstrong's, Narcissa and I's closest companions ever since we were foolish teenagers in love at Hogwarts, just like Draco and Estelle were.

I knew my son's happiness had perished along with the girl. His broken screams caused me to shudder. For she was his only happiness, his only laughter. I had realized that I miserably failed as a father because my disheartened son's happiness was only reliant on a girl.

For I had seized him from her, at the conclusion of the 1996 summer. From that day onward, I had never seen even a minor grin on my son's permanently mournful face. He was forced into a complex depression.

And I should've fucking sheltered him from it.

Hearing the soft whimpers and sniffles from my wife sitting beside me while our son shouted in agony as the Dark Lord buried his wand into Draco's wrist, is what should've showed me. It should've showed me I was failing. It should've showed me when I saw that ghastly mark emerging from my sons pale skin.

No sixteen-year-old boy should've had to be put through what he was put through.

And I wish that I would've sheltered him from everything that broke him down every day.

If I would've stopped the evil forces like I knew all along that I should have...

Maybe my son's happiness that I failed to bring to him would still be living in his love.