Chapter 29

"Oh?" Kirishima smiled and waved as he saw y/n, Midoriya, Uraraka, and Tsuyu walk his way. "Mornin'! You guys got called in today too? What a coincidence!"

"I haven't been called in for a while, but today they finally did. They told me I didn't need my costume though." Midoriya explained as he approached Kirishima.

"You too Eita?" Kirishima directed his attention to the other male, taking note of the dark circles under his eyes.

"Yeah...I don't mind that I haven't been called for a while though..." Y/n sighed. "It gives me more time to focus on my quirk counseling." He shrugged nonchalantly, continuing to walk ahead in the direction of the nearest train station. Everyone else followed suit.

"Quirk counseling?" Kirishima hummed, catching up to y/n so he could continue the conversation.

"Right, I guess nobody knew about it..." Y/n muttered, mostly to himself. "I recently developed a new quirk," The male could feel Midoriya's concerned gaze on him. It was a bit annoying, to say the least. "Aizawa-sensei suggested I go to a quirk counselor to help me learn how to control it. So I did."

"A new quirk? I didn't know that was possible." Kirishima hummed. "You should show it off to us sometime soon! It sounds real interesting!" The redhead grinned widely, flashing his sharp teeth.

"Hmph. Maybe." Y/n gripped his bag a little harder, his mind wandering to the events of the past few days. He'd been practicing his control over his new quirk, experimenting with it and his new abilities. He'd gone as far as shattering all of the furniture in his room, only to watch them all reform as he deactivated his quirk. New ideas of how to utilize this power formed in his head, but he has yet to try them out.

Kirishima watched as y/n kept his gaze down, how he calculated his steps so that he'd rarely step on a line in the cement of the sidewalk, how the breeze pulled back his hair slightly, revealing the shine of his earrings. Kirishima pressed his mouth into a thin line, wondering when exactly he started to notice such small things about his friend. Friend? Were they friends? He would like to think so, but y/n was so closed off, especially now, it was hard to tell. The redhead's mind then trailed back to Kaminari's words from the other day.

'What? You mean to tell me you don't have the hots for Eita?' He had said. Kirishima groaned internally. Why'd Kaminari have to say that? It was really messing with him. Now, for some reason, Kirishima couldn't look at y/n the same way as before. Every little thing interested him, intrigued him. Was he really interested in y/n like that? Kirishima didn't feel ready to come to a conclusion. Deciding to let it go, Kirishima focused on getting to his work-study, placing his mind on what his job might be today.

As everyone kept heading to their instructed location, they all noticed they seemed to be heading in the same direction. On the same train, the same street, turning the same corners. As they reached their destination, they all noticed Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire were all gathered in the same place as well.

"What's going on?" Midoriya wondered aloud as they all walked into the building, noticing all the pro-heroes, and even their teacher, gathering inside. Nejire ran towards her pro-hero mentor, asking what kind of meeting this was.

"You'll see soon. Nighteye will start it shortly." The pro-hero smiled and allowed the high schooler to embrace her. Y/n looked around for his own 'mentor', dreading the moment he spots her. He doesn't find her, but his whole body tenses as two hands grasp his shoulders, slowly sliding down to caress his arms.

"Welcome Eita. Glad you made it." Y/n's hairs stood on end as her voice sounded in his ear.

"Don't touch me." Y/n muttered, making sure he was quiet enough that his hostility wouldn't be heard by anyone else but her.