Chapter 18

Midoriya laid on the hospital bed, immobile and hurting in more ways than one. Looking to the side, he saw a bowl of sliced apples and a note with his mother's handwriting. He bit his lip. He knew he screwed up. He knew his mother was hurting just as he was. He knew that Bakugou and Eita could be hurting now as well. He had never meant for this to happen. He really wished he could go back, but now, there was nothing he could do.

"Hey, Midoriya! Looks like you're awake." Before Midoriya could decide to fall back asleep, the door to the room opened and his classmates piled in. "You see what's on TV? The media's all over the school." Kaminari informed him, leading the group.

"It's even worse than back in spring..." Sato muttered.

"Here's a melon for you. We all pitched in!" Mineta held up a large cantaloupe above his head, showing it off to Midoriya.

"I caused so much trouble for you, Midoriya..." Tokoyami started.

"Nah. I'm the one who should be sorry..." Midoriya trailed off. "Is everyone from class here?" He asked.

"No...Jirou and Hagakure are still unconscious, ever since being knocked out by that gas. And Yaoyorozu received a terrible head wound. She's here at the hospital. Apparently she just regained consciousness yesterday..." Iida explained. "Those three..." He trailed off.

"All fifteen of us came." Uraraka said softly.

"Of course, Bakugou and Eita aren't here..." Todoroki muttered.

"Whoa, Todoroki..." Mina sweat nervously, looking between the two-tone haired male and Midoriya.

"Recently, All Might told me something. About how sometimes we just can't reach some people who need saving...so we gotta do our best to save those that we can reach..." Midoriya grit his teeth. "But I could reach them. All I had to do was save them...! My quirk..is built just for that..." He trailed off. "But then it turned out like Aizawa-sensei said it would..." Midoriya's vision began to blur as tears pooled in his eyes. "I couldn't move my body..."

"Then let's go save them now." Kirishima suddenly spoke up.

"Huh?" The whole group looked at him in confusion.

"Todoroki and I...We actually came by yesterday..." He started. "Then we ran into All Might and the police. They were talking to Yaoyorozu. She was telling them that she had put a tracking device on one of the villains. She gave the receiver to All Might."

"So you're saying that Yaoyorozu...could make another signal device for us...?" Iida questioned. "No." He shook his head. "It's just as All Might said. We ought to leave this matter to the pros! It's not our place to interfere, you fool!"

"You think I don't know that?! But still, I couldn't do anything! When I heard that they were after Bakugou, and that Eita had been captured as well...I couldn't do anything! I didn't do anything! If I don't act now, forget being a hero, I'm not even a man!" Kirishima snapped.

"Calm down, Kirishima. We get that you're a hothead, but in this case..." Kaminari trailed off, trying to quiet down his friend.

"Iida is correct." Asui finished.

"I know he's right! You all are, but...!" Kirishima turned towards Midoriya. "He's not beyond our reach just yet!" The red head looked at Midoriya expectantly. The green haired male looked down at his casted hands, his brows furrowing with frustration.

"The villains took Bakugou alive, and we still don't know why they took Eita. But we can't be sure that they won't kill them. Kirishima and I will go." Todoroki said.