•window•

The knocking seemed to wake everyone up, I hear small gasps and bedsheets rustling together. My back was pressed against the window and I stared at the doorknob, not wanting to open it.

"What's going on y/n?" Bev asked, rubbing her eyes with the back of her palms. I was in shock that I couldn't answer her. I just stared at her and gulped. She noticed how scared I was and quickly got up and held my hands. I looked at her in her eyes and I started to feel safe. My eyes went teary and my shaky hands started to slow down. She held my hands tightly until they stopped shaking and by then Will was standing next to me.

"Do you know what happened?" She asked him. Will shook his head and rubbed my back gently."I saw Doctor Brenner," I said to Will. Will's eyes widened and his hand went over his mouth in shock.

"How? He is dead?"

"I don't know but then I saw this thing. It was a clown-"

Eddie gasped loudly and Bev let go of my hands. She backed up and ended up being held in Ben's arms.

"What the fuck did she just say?" Richie said, standing up and walking towards me. I started to repeat myself, "I saw a-"

Another knock banged on the door again. Everyone gasped and my hands started to shake again. However, I had to be strong this time. I'm the only person here who can defend myself. Bill grabs a knife from our kitchen draw and starts to walk towards the door.

"Bill wait," I said, walking towards him and standing next to him.

"Fuck this. I should be sleeping right now." Richie said, watching from afar.

"Beep Beep Richie," Stanley whispered, his eyes glued to me and Bill.

As I stand right in front of the door, with Bill by my side and everyone behind me, I closed my eyes. I feel the power rush through me and this time it felt stronger. I snapped my eyes open and turned to Bill, letting him know I am ready.

He nodded his head and opened the door slowly. As it opened the hallway light lights up our room. However, no one is there, just an empty hallway. I let out a sigh of relief and close my eyes again.

"False alarm," I say, beginning to turn around. As I turn around, I scream louder than I ever have before. The rest of the group turn around too and they all have the same reaction as me.The window curtains were wide open and the clown's face was pressed up against it, its sharp teeth grinding against the window. The group cursed and swore like there was no tomorrow. Will jumped away from the window, falling onto a pile of cushions on the ground. Bev ran up to the window and closed the blinds, hoping the clown would leave soon.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask.

"That's the clown we were telling you about. Pennywise." Mike said.

"How is it back? It hasn't been twenty-seven years." Ben asked, shaking uncontrollably. Mike walked over to him and rubbed his back. I looked around the room to make sure everyone was okay. Eddie was curled up on the couch, hugging his knees while rocking; Richie was rubbing his back. Will was still on the ground, still in complete shock. I turn on the lights and walk over to Will to help him up.

"What do you mean twenty-seven years?" I asked, bringing Will to his feet.

"Pennywise only seems to come every twenty-seven years but it's been five since he last came and we don't know why?"

"How was Brenner here though? You saw him right?" Will asked me. I nodded my head."Who is Brenner?" Bev asked.

"He is a scientist who did experiments on me and tortured Will and me for a couple of years."

The room fell silent. Eddie started to speak, his voice bearly hearable,

"Brenner wasn't actually there. Pennywise turns into your bigger fear, your fear must be Brenner if you said he was dead."

"Well, shit isn't that just wonderful," Richie said, a sarcastic smile forced on his face.

"What are we going to do?" Mike asked, looking at Bev and Bill.

"L-looks like we are going t-t-to fight this-s bitch one more t-time."

are you proud of me? i'm updating more