Chapter 13

Cinder POV

It's been a few weeks since Daddy came home from his mission. Mommy's been trying to help him while both of my Grandma's have been looking after me. "I DON'T CARE! I WANT TO SEE MY DAUGHTER!" a woman shouted, suddenly a woman ran up the stairs, "Hi there sweetie, you probably don't remember me. My name's Ember Corona, and I'm your birth mother." she said, "I want my Mommy." I said, "Well sweetheart, I'm here because your mommy and daddy have to go away. After what happened, I realized that I was a horrible horrible mother, and I want to make up for my mistakes and be a part of your life." she said, "Grandma!" I said, "It's alright sweetie." Grandma Lily said, "I asked your parents if I could look after you while they're away." Ember said, "I'll be waiting for you in the car." she said softly before she left, "Cinder I want you to take this. If she tries anything, you push this button and I will come and get you." Grandma Lily said as she handed me a button, "What is it?" I asked, "It's a panic button sweetheart. It'll tell grandma when you're in trouble so I can run in and save the day." she said.

"You ready to go kiddo?" Ember asked, "I guess." I said, "Hey just think of this as mother-daughter bonding time." she said, "But you're not my Mommy." I said, "You've got a sharp tongue, you got that from me, sweetie." she said, "Now how about we go get something to eat, we can have anything you want." she said, "CANDY!" I said, "Except that." she said making me pout, "Tell you what if you're good then you can have some candy when we get to my place." she said, "Now about lunch." she said as she buckled me into my car seat, "Does your Mommy let you have fast food?" she asked, "Not really. Mommy says the lines are too long and the food's too overpriced." I said, "She's not wrong, but since this is probably the only time I'll get to do this, who cares." she said as she started the car and began to drive away.

"Ok Cinder eat up." Ember said as she sat down and handed me my food, "Thank you." I said as I ate some fries, "You know Cinder, your father originally wanted to name you Ella, but I shot that down faster than the Atlesian military." she said, "Imagine that, Ella Elisabeth Rose. Doesn't have nearly quite as nice of ring to it as Cinder Elisabeth now does it." she said with a slight laugh as I ate, "Oh come here, you've got ketchup all over your mouth." she said as she wiped my mouth and smiled before her scroll vibrated and her once happy expression vanished, "You know what kiddo, my place is so boring! What do you think about going to the park and maybe we can get some ice cream." she said with a forced smile.

Ember took me to a park near her house, people kept telling her that I'm so cute, or that they wish their daughters were as well behaved as I am. But the truth was I just didn't feel like running around and having fun. I wanted Mommy and Daddy to come home and for everything to go back to normal. "EMBER!" a woman shouted angrily, "Crap she found me!" Ember said in fear, "Who's that?" I asked, "My soon to be ex-wife." she said.

"So you're Cinder. I-It's nice to meet you, I'm Annie." Annie said in embarrassment.

"Why are you acting all flustered? I told you about my daughter before

"Why are you acting all flustered? I told you about my daughter before." Ember said, "YEAH, BUT YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD BE COMING OVER OR THAT YOU WERE ON A MISSION FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Annie said, "Well I'm sorry for not telling you every facet of my life!" Ember said angrily the entire fight made me feel uncomfortable, "Oh don't mind us sweetheart, Ember and I might be getting divorced, but only because she realizes that her line of work is unpredictable at best, so she suggested that we get divorced but stay together. This way there's no hard feelings if something happens while she's away." Annie said, "This all is because of what happened to your father." Ember said.

I stayed with Annie and Ember for a little over a week, Annie was so nice to me and on top of everything she taught me how to make chocolates! "EMBER WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER!" Mommy shouted angrily as she slammed open the door, "MOMMY!" I said happily as I hugged my mother, "Oh Cinder I was so worried! No stay here I'll make this quick." she said as she walked further into Ember's apartment, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING EMBER?! KIDNAPPING MY DAUGHTER AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO HER! I SHOULD HAVE YOU ARRESTED!" Mommy yelled before storming over to me, "Holly wait!" Ember said as she ran after Mommy covering herself with a blanket, "Don't ever come near my daughter ever again or I swear I will have you thrown in the deepest darkest prison cell imaginable and I will personally throw away the key." Mommy said coldly before we left.