After Unlocked (part one)

A/N

Hello again! I have recently been thinking about Unlocked a lot... I'm still a little traumatized by the ending, so I thought I should write a little oneshot about it! It's almost directly after Unlocked ends and is the first part of who knows how many. So enjoy!

Sophie Foster sat on her bed, staring at Keefe's letter.

The letter.

The word echoed around in her brain, hoping that all this wasn't true.

It was just a prank.

Just a joke.

Just a silly letter.

He couldn't actually be gone.

He wouldn't do that.

Would he?

Sophie kept staring.

Staring.

Staring.

A wet drop fell onto the paper. Then more. Hot tears slid down her cheeks as reality dawned on her.

He had left her.

Why would he leave?

According to Grady's accounts, he had a blue leaping crystal. Blue goes to the Forbidden Cities. And Keefe said that he would be hiding the same way the Black Swan hid her.

But... why would he go there?

And where exactly was he?

The question began echoing around in her head, an endless repetition of 'why, why, why, why, why's'

Why didn't Keefe just stay here? It's not like mastering his new abilities would be any easier in the Forbidden Cities. In fact, wouldn't it be harder? Aren't human's emotions loud and hard to ignore?

Sophie didn't understand. She doubted that she ever will.

But there was one thing she did understand.

She had to find Keefe.