Side Chapter: "True Love" (Headless Horseman Yami x Reader)

Author Note: Thank you for 3k reads everyone! I hope you enjoy this one shot! If you want more side stories with Yami please let me know! I appreciate suggestions

Also Art above doesn't belong to me!

❣️🔥❣️

It was the very next day after prince Yami had asked your stepmother for your hand in marriage. Unfortunately she hadn't the slightest idea it was you he was asking for. He didn't recognize you when you were covered in mud. The prince also didn't know your name. He had forgotten to ask after meeting you since he was distracted by your monstrous beauty. That night he sulked to his brother at the palace. His brother the pumpkin king, Yugi often resides in the castle. He mostly spends his time at his house in Halloween Town. Purchasing a home over there was necessary since he has a lot of duties to take care of as king. Yugi was at his desk in the palace as he listened to Yami speak about you.

"She was drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. I've never met a shy creature like her before. I simply must see her again or I'm afraid death awaits me. My heart can't handle being without her."

The pumpkin king was silent as he listened to his brother. He was writing a letter to the mayor. He looked up from his work with a smile on his face. He's never seen Yami fawn over a monsteress before. He rolled his elegant purple eyes with a grin on his skeleton lips.

"Goodness brother. You're acting like a love sick skeleton around La Muerte."

His reference to La Muerte wasn't surprising. She's a skeleton goddess of the dead. She represents the day of the dead (Dia De Los Muertos) holiday. Her undead beauty strikes the hearts of all monsters, especially skeleton men. Yami could only laugh.

"You would be correct, dearest brother."

"Who is she again?"

"I didn't get her name." Yami said in embarrassment. "I met her near the outskirts of town. I gave her a ride home."

"So you're a lovestruck fool." Yugi teased.

"If you saw her deadly beauty you would understand."

"So you tried asking for her hand in marriage without knowing her name? Truly she must be the one." Yugi is very amused since he never took his brother for a hopeless romantic.

"She is. I can feel it in my heart."

Yugi laughed since he has no heart. They're both undead. He did understand and gave his brother a smile.

"Wonderful. When do you plan to introduce me to her?"

"Once I find her. I'll claim her dead hand with my engagement ring I'll bestow upon her."

"You already have a ring?" Yugi's skeleton grin widened.

Yami's red eyes widen at the question. He hadn't a ring to offer yet. He was so distracted with his daydreaming about marrying you. Yugi understood once he saw the look on his brother's face.

"I'm sure you could find a ring somewhere deep in the forest. There are plenty of caves filled with gems. Surely you'll find one suitable for her." Yugi suggests.

"What an excellent idea. Thank you!" Yami immediately ran out of the room.

Yugi laughed to himself then continued his letter to the mayor. The prince headed toward the stables. His black stallion neighs in greeting. Yami climbed onto his stallion with a plan already in mind. The forest will surely have something for his true love. He would search far and wide if that's what it would take. On his journey through the forest he did his best to find caves. Most were empty or had nothing of interest. Yami traveled deep into the forest. He would soon find a huge cave that could accommodate his stallion. Both travel inside the dark cave. Yami lit his head on fire with his flame magic. His jack-o-lantern head creates a brighter color. His glowing eyes look around. His stallion is very courageous and doesn't get spooked easily. It kept a sharp look out for any trouble.