Valentines Special: "True Love At Last" (Pumpkin King Yugi x Reader)

Another year of Halloween to plan this year for the pumpkin king, Yugi. He has grown tired of the holiday. Every year was the same traditions. It's practically Halloween everyday in his kingdom. What could one expect with a town named Halloween town? He wished for something new. Something exciting. After singing about his feelings of exhaustion for the repetitiveness for the holiday he took a stroll through the woods. What was supposed to be a stroll became a stress filled walk. He didn't want to return to town. Sadness ached in his rib cage as he walks. He grew tired of the long walk then began sleepwalking. His dog Zero kept him company. His ghostly companion would be sure to look after his skeleton form all night long. Yes the poor pumpkin king slept walked over night. When he awoke it was the crack of dawn. The suns shine hit his face. His tired eyes look around frantically. He hadn't any idea where he could possibly be. The wooden forest is huge but this was an area he didn't recognize.

"Where could we be Zero?" Asked the king.

He fixed his messy blonde bangs as his dark barked. It seems his ghostly companion was excited. He was trying to make him aware of a nice surprise up ahead. The pumpkin king hadn't any idea what got into his dog. He followed him soon noticing many tree's lined up in a row. They each had doors with different symbols and colors. The king didn't know it but what he is witnessing are holiday doors. One which represents Halloween with a jack-o-lantern. It was the least interesting to him. Yugi was more interested in the Christmas door. It has a Christmas tree and several decorations. He observed it with glowing eyes of interest. It was most peculiar to him.

"I've never seen anything like it in my life. Such weird decorations for a door. The other doors look unusual as well. A decorative egg... a clover.. and a heart..?" Yugi's glowing amethyst eyes land on the heart shaped door.

He wasn't sure what to make of the doors. They could lead anywhere. He was more interested in the Christmas door but the big heart shaped door caught his interest as well. He is undead. A beating heart for a door is odd to him too. Something tickled his nerves when his skeletal hand brushed against the golden doorknob. A sweet feeling filled his chest. His bones rattled down his spine at such a welcoming feeling. He enjoys terror but this feeling was much different from it. He felt so soft and plush inside.

"One quick peek couldn't hurt. Then I can go into the decorated pine tree door once I'm done.." He muttered to himself.

His bony hand turns the door knob of the big heart shaped door. Upon opening he felt his chest rattle. He hadn't a beating heart but a wonderful feeling filled his chest. He couldn't describe such a feeling. He felt utter joy and love. He could smell red velvet and sweet perfume.

"What a lovely smell.."

While he is busy enjoying the scent he closes his eyes then heaves a heavenly sigh. He fails to see the heart shaped confetti leaving the door. They're colors of red, pinks, and whites. Suddenly the pumpkin king is pulled into the door. Poor Zero barked in distress for he had no way of opening the door. He chose to stay in front of the door until his dear skeleton friend would return.

"Whoa...!!!"

Yugi was in some sort of portal. He transported to a beautiful land of romance. The vortex he is in leads into another world. He sees nothing but pink and heart shaped confetti. He couldn't help feeling excited. His skeleton hands brush against the lovely confetti.

"How adorable.."

Somehow Yugi felt different. Several emotions washed over him as he embraced the comforting feeling. He felt his bones redden with joy. Closing his eyes in joy he is cheering as he travels through the portal. Upon opening his eyes he is somewhere completely new. Meadows of green grass and roses are everywhere. All the décor is incredibly girly. In fact almost everything is pink. Bridges, leaves of trees, stone paths, and so much more. He saw teddy bears cuddling, heart shaped balloons, heart shaped food, in fact almost everything is heart shaped. The path leading into town is a welcoming bubblegum pink. It saw a few heart shaped bricks.